Tuesday, June 17, 2008

More from Annapolis

DSC05202.JPG This is a 1/2 size of my long term hand applique project. It was a blovk of the month at a local shop - this one only has 9 blocks - mine has 15 - so she went for less while I went for more. I went for more because the fabrics that I chose for the stars came in 5 color variations & I could not decide which one to leave out.
Here is a close up of one of the blocks:
DSC05203.JPG The small half square triangles make a second star - I chose a different fabric for mine so that those stars "POP!" (Love the fabric that she found/made for this kitty.)
DSC05196.JPG Annapolis is on the water, so from my experience there are water themed quilts hanging in this show - this year was no different.
Here is a close-up of the compass:
DSC05197.JPG
And another water themed quilt - this one with a more tropical slant.
DSC05186.JPG I love how those fish are scrappy!

Lesson learned for me:
DSC05192.JPG I was all over this color combination a while ago, not not so much - glad I got my quilt done already & I guess I better get moving on some of the others that may lose their luster over time...

DSC05191.JPG I am still liking the snowballs made with Kaffe prints (this one mixes other prints as well.) but I am not questioning my choice to do mine as a charm quilt - the repitition is nice too...

DSC05193.JPG Another reason why i take photos at quilt shows: "So & So would like this one." This one is for Norma - it is a chicken quilt! Take a look at the close up - it even has drumsticks!
DSC05194.JPG

You know I like challenges here are a couple from this guild. (Susie liked this one too.)
DSC05179.JPG I love the execution & use of the theme...
But this one is my favorite:
DSC05180.JPG The state cat of Maryland is the calico. (Tidbit of trivia - Maryland has the most "State things" of any other state.)

More from Annapolis a little later.

3 comments:

Karen Dianne Lee said...

Fabulous post. Lost of great quilts and your commentary was perfect - exact, not too wordy, skillful. Love the first and last cat quilts.

Super of you to Share!!!

Jeanne said...

The Kaffe Fassett snowballs catch my eye -- I still have my stack of puples and reds out, waiting to leap into snowball action.
Jeanne :)

jovaliquilts said...

Love looking at those quilts -- the fish one is just FUN!