Thursday, June 26, 2008

Back to our regularly scheduled programming

Yes, ladies & gentlemen, I sewed last night. All of my thimbles are sewn into pairs!
30's thimbles for a doll quilt
I finger pressed a few so that you can see what the quilt will kind of look like when it is finished.
30's thimbles fo a doll quilt
As you may have guessed from the name "Thimble" the template is fairly tiny. The narrow end is less than an inch wide. Which is fine for scraps & especially doll quilts.

Aside: Once upon a time ago, I started to trim my Y2K charms into square squares - they were "off" to say the least as they arrived... Now I am toying with thimbling them - I probably won't but I am toying with the idea.

Speaking of scraps - it is worth to repeat that ALL of my 30's scraps are trimmed into thimbles or tumblers. (I have a few bigger pieces of cats & novelty's mostly. I love I Spy quilts & with my luck, as soon as I got rid of all of them, I would be in a swap with someone who wanted 30's - I am glad that I kept some batiks for that very reason.)

7 comments:

Vicki W said...

Yeah! You are sewing again!

swooze said...

What an ambitious project! It will be lovely.

Shelina said...

Your thimbles look wonderful - I am planning on making a thimbles quilt someday.

Carin said...

LOVE your fabrics! your quilt is going to be darling.

Karol-Ann said...

Excellent! this may mean you're heading into the next phase of your pregnancy!!

Tanya said...

I am catching up on blog reading. I remember the politics of child raising! It goes on forever you know... Someone told me that it didn't really matter what one chose to do because you could always find someone, somewhere who agreed with you.

andsewitis Holly said...

Hey Amy, these thimbles are so cute! You are tempting me...