Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Am I qualified?

Am I qualified to give advice? I doubt it...

With that said, I am pretty sure I came close last night when communicating with another recently pregnant for the first time gal. But in reality - I only wrote about my experiences... (not really advice.)

One thing that came up was quilting...

I then lamented on my distinct lack of actually stitching. Honestly, I have only been cutting & doing a bit of embroidery. (But I cut up ALL of those 30's prints!)

I am now thinking that rather than blaming it on the baby, I can blame it on my sewing cycle - you see I have been here before. This is a big part of the reason why I have so many UFO's & planned projects - I get in a mood to do one part, be it pulling fabrics for a project, cutting, or sewing... Conversely, I get out of the mood to do most of those as well!

Yesterday while reading my bloglines, I had quite the "start." I saw "Mailing Deadline July 1" & thought "Oh explative!" "I haven't even started to sew those tumblers together." Then I realized that not only did I already send my doll quilt for that swap, I have received mine in return. YAY!

But because of that message, I got dangerously close to sewing last night... (Again I would like to blame the baby on the nap that I took instead, but alas, I napped before getting pregnant & look forward to being able to nap as the baby does once I complete the incubation stage! - when I am not taking pictures of the sleeping babe that is!)

Here's to doing some actual sewing tonight - & at least I haven't started to cut something else out in the mean time! (I only bundled up the stripes for the Handkercheif quilt.)

6 comments:

miniaturequilter said...

You make me laugh, I do that occasionally with a project, that's why i like the swaps-I have to finish it, and get a completed one back! Take lotsa naps now while you can!!

Exuberant Color said...

There is nothing wrong with having a bunch of pieces cut ready to sew. you never know when the timing will be right for sewing but not cutting.

Those of us who are nappers need to work it into our schedule somehow.

Pattie said...

Fun post! Yes, you're qualified to share your experiences, especially nap advice. :-)

And I'm with Wanda: they'll come a time when you're ready to sew, then imagine the progress you'll make because of all the cutting you've done!

Feeling Simply Quilty said...

I think you summed up the quilting psychology nicely. For me at least, quilting/sewing is cyclical. I try not to get into too many swaps, but, I have a baby quilt to make for a niece that's loooong overdue.

I think there's know it all advice and then there's friendly advice, but, in the end they probably both come off as know it all advice. I can't say as I hesitate too much when I dispense...either kind of advice.

No ultra sound pictures yet?

Carin said...

LOL!!! I do the same thing except I switch crafts totally. I will get something half cut out and sewn and then deside I want to scrapbook or cross stitch instead.

McIrish Annie said...

I am one of those being "warned" about the deadline. I'm a down to the last minute deadline person so I'm not worried. My little quilt is quilted and just needs to be bound, labeled and sleeved!

which will be done after my nap!
and don't think you will nap with the baby! that's when you will do laundry and blogging!!