Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Quilt 1

Kaffe Fassett quilt
A complete Kaffe Fassett look alike quilt. I bought a kit & placed everything as he had (some of mine are rotated differently...)
detail Kaffe Fassett quilt My favorite fabric in the quilt & a nice shot of the overall floral quilting. (If I had not purchased a kit & pulled the same fabrics to make a similar but different quilt, this would have been the huge square in the middle.)
Kaffe Fassett quilt back The backing fabric!

Spring really has Sprung with this quilt! (When will I finish the binding? Don't tell anyone, but I have about 7 quilts that need the binding finished, oh & I pay to have it attached!)

7 comments:

Cheryl said...

How pretty is that, and the back very nice. Definitely a Springy quilt.

Gypsy Quilter said...

You picked the perfect backing fabric. Binding is not that hard. See if your library has a copy of Harriet Hargrave's Heirloom Machine quilting book. Harriet has the best instructions for doing bindings.

miniaturequilter said...

Very pretty, vibrant quilt, and I love the backing!

Shelina said...

It is a pretty quilt - fun and cheery. Great backing fabric as well.

The Quilting Pirate said...

I was considering having someone do my binding as well! At the shop we charge a flat rate of $75, if you are interested.

Ruth's Place said...

It's beautiful!

Karen Dianne Lee said...

Love this and that quilting is PERFECT.