Friday, May 02, 2008

No photos but...

I pieced the top for my Pirate Booty doll quilt swap. (Now I need to press the hell out of it!)

After finishing that I wrapped up my sewing machine to take her in for her annual... I got to the shop an hour & 15 minutes too late. (If they have a class they stay open - apparently the scheduled class did not go.) So I will stop by this afternoon. At that time, I will get a spool of blue hand quilting thread for my current doll quilts.

This weekend, I need to get into the stewdio - I am going to measure fabrics & donate some 3/4 yard pieces to a gal who makes pillow cases for charity. I will also be cutting I SPY charms. I also need to find a couple bits for the round robin quilt top that I am working on.

I am decidedly not feeling well & according to the doctor - when my uterus starts to expand, I won't be feeling nay better... YAY - yet another thing that they failed to mention... (Really, when you have never been pregnant & people tell you about pregnancy, they mention morning sickness - or all day sickness in my case - and not being able to see you feet once you are about 8 months along... They completely gloss over the boob tenderness, the uterus pain, the extreme tiredness followed by "I can't sleep", the "I'm hot, no I'm freezing" shifts, Oh & can I mention the crying jags? Almost daily without any prompting, I will think, "I'm actually pregnant" & start to ball - like right now..., etc.)

I'll know better after a troll through the stewdio, but I may do a bright novelty stars quilt for one of the two planned baby quilts.

18 comments:

Mama Koch said...

I sure hope you get to feeling better. Tell yourself YOU WILL GET OVER THIS...and maybe that will work!

Denise (Nour) said...

I know this doesn't help much but you should start to feel better at around 12-14 weeks. There is light (a gorgeous baby) at the end of the tunnel! Take care!

julieQ said...

I am so happy for you! The first 3 months were the hardest for me, then I felt better than I have ever felt in my life for the rest of the pregnancy! I hope you have the same experience...

Libby said...

Before you know it you'll wonder what all the fuss was about . . . hang in there and let Mr. CalicoCat pamper you *s*

Rian said...

Congratulations Mommy, and Baby Calico Kitten. Mazeltov.

Exuberant Color said...

I never had morning sickness after the 3rd month. Think positive.

Carin said...

I hope that at the end of the first 3 months you will feel better(another secret they don't tell is some people throw up for the whole 9 months raising hand here)

I am sure you will be fine once your body adjusts to the hormones.

HUGS!!

Kay said...

So sorry you're feeling so rotten, but it probably will get better, at least till the very end. Hang in there.

andsewitis Holly said...

Pregnancy certainly is an adventure isn't it! Each one is different, too. I was sick 9 months with one and not a day with the other. Hang in there.

Shelina said...

Everyone's symptoms are different, but mine did get better in time once your body adjusts to new hormonal changes. And some things you are probably better off not worrying about until it happens to you.

I was very tired the first trimester, and as a result decided not to go to school for the length of the pregnancy, and I would have been fine going. I actually felt healthier when pregnant than I ever have in my life (2nd trimester, and most of 3rd)

I had some problems in the last trimester with itching that scratching didn't help, but it was for a very short time.

Hey look on the bright side, you don't have to clean cat litter!

Anne said...

This is definitely a time to tell work and responsibility to go stuff itself. Enjoy your sewing. Have you seen Natalie's blog? I think she cut pieces before she gave birth, or maybe as she went along, but most of her all-hand-pieced Dear Jane was made while sitting next to the crib, in the half-brain land. http://www.natquilt.com/wip/dj/dj.htm
- all the best, Anne at pinsandthimbles

Karen Dianne Lee said...

I don't know anything about baby stuff but I do know that I'm happy to hear your cutting I SPY charms. Look forward to seeing those.

Tanya said...

I do hope you'll be feeling better soon. I think I actually liked being pregnant (so long ago!) and didn't have to worry about how I looked anymore. I looked pregnant, just like I was supposed to. I think there will be a fun couple months in there and then you'll get to that stage where you think "let's get this over with!"

Morah said...

Oh it gets better.....soon you will be crying because the baby wakes up amillion times a night, the toddler doesn't make it to the potty, the middle schooler gets an attitude and the high schooler stays out too late....it gets better!!! BUT every once in a while, that little face looks at you and says "Mommy I love you" or those big kid arms hug you for no apparent reason and you'll realize it's worth it all. Besides, we have short memories.....you'll forget all of your current woes when the next set begins!!! See! Now don't you feel better!?!?!?!

Karol-Ann said...

Just started reading your blog... Best of luck with the pregnancy (and the baby quilt decisions)

Supermom said...

pregnancy is not for sissies - that's why women get the honor. Imagine how a man would whine about always feeling quessy for 9 weeks, outgrowing everything but the 6-man tent, and squeezing a 7 pounder out of you know where??? It does generally get better at 3-4months, and it truly is bliss, despite the discomforts. Enjoy it - having the baby is when the real work begins!

floribunda said...

I have no personal experience of pregnancy, but someone told me once that they got through the morning sickness by eating practically nothing but bagels and cream cheese -- so that's what I reach for when I'm feeling queasy!

Karen said...

Wish you were having my experience with pregnancy, because I never felt better than when I was pregnant. Except that last week or so I was heartily sick of the whole thing. As others have said, the probability is that you will feel fine once the 3rd month begins. Try to keep walking or otherwise exercising.