Monday, May 05, 2008

Happy Cinco de Mayo - sorta

As many of you know, my husband & I purchased a condo. It stared out life as a Garden Apartment. So it & all of the others are hooked up to a boiler - good thing, because that means that we do not have a water or electric bill & bad thing - we lost electricity last night - so the boiler went out. My husband had to have a cold shower - I hung out feeling very dirty waiting for the "fix." You see at 5:30 a.m. when we called the maintenance number they made it sound like they only had to flip a switch (so I called my office saying that I would be in late)... At 8-ish they had a maintenance man working on the problem & it would be fixed in about 2 hours (I called back & said that I would be in at noon) all the time, I kept checking the water... At 3:30 the maintenance man finally came over (after calling me saying that the boiler was on) after the water had been running for 30 minutes continuously he checked & guess what - IT WAS COLD! (Our building is at the end of the line - so he went to flush the line.) I finally took a luke warm shower at 5 p.m. (I HAVE to shower daily.) I did not make it into work.

On Sunday, I went grocery shopping. On my list were low carb tortillas, salsa, & cheddar cheese. With those three items, I had quesadillas for dinner. :o) (I missed the sour cream & guacamole - but not enough to have purchased them for one meal.) My husband does not like Mexican food. - I got him into a Mexican restaurant once when I explained to him that a quesadilla is a Mexican grilled cheese sandwich - He likes those.

& That reminds me - I may survive this pregnancy on grilled cheese sandwiches. 

I did not sewing today - I was grungy & only in the mood to hang out in my robe. I was so yucky that my cats did not even want to hang out with me.

BUT I am doing some lazy stash busting - I am mailing some fabric to a gal who will turn them into pillow cases for cancer patients & some other fabric will be headed out in an I Spy swap.

4 comments:

Vicki W said...

Lazy stash-busting feels good! A day without a shower, yukky. Glad your hot water is back!

Carin said...

I think I survived most of my pregnancys on mashed potatoes.

Sorry you had a yucky shower day.

Shelina said...

It's awful when your routine gets disrupted. Hope the water stays back on forever.

Michael5000 said...

Oh, that's not lazy stash-busting. That's productive stash-busting, because the fabric is still going to be used. Lazy stash-busting would be more like just heaping it in the driveway and setting it on fire.

I have no pregnancy-related advice for you at this time. Good luck with that boiler, though!