Thursday, May 29, 2008

Fabric donation results

As you know, I have been culling fabric to make room for the Calico Kitten.
Norece volunteered to make Pillowcases for ConKerr Cancer. But she needed 3/4 yard pieces... That was tricky for a gal who generally does not buy larger that 1/2 yard pieces. & Most of those have a chunk out of them... But I went through & pulled what I had... Take a look at what Norece was able to do with them! (She pulled the coordinating fabrics from her stash.) Yes, you do see cats... I figured that it was better for them to be made into something instead of being part of my collection - which by the way does not look any worse for wear...


5 comments:

jovaliquilts said...

A great use of those fabrics! Such adorable pillowcases. Years ago one of my kids' friends was in an accident, and someone made her a set of cheery pillowcases that she LOVED.

Vicki W said...

That's awesome! You must feel good to see your fabric being used for a great cause.

Mandi said...

Those turned out great, I love them!! I made a friend a pillow case to match a blanket I made for her earlier and she absolutely loved it! Pillow cases are fun, and they are especially great when you make them for an awesome cause like you're doing!

Finn said...

Hey Amy, I'm just grinning ear to ear at the idea of The Calico Kitten! Wonderful news!!! My belated congratulations sweetie!! Hope everything goes just perfectly for you both *VBS*
The pillowcases looks wonderful, and are a great use of fabric. Sounds like it was a challenge, but you met it!! Big hugs, Finn

Karol-Ann said...

These look fantastic. (I spotted a few fabrics that I have had in my stash LOL)