Friday, May 30, 2008

Another Doll Quilt Swap


DSC04918.JPG
Originally uploaded by aviva_hadas

Here is my contribution to the "Another Doll Quilt Swap."

I am please as punch (mostly) with how this turned out. I made the HST's & pinwheels were my first thought, but I was afraid of those 8 points coming together... The worked out great! I love my quilting idea - it is like a second pinwheel, only mu 1/4 inch from the seams idea did not work out so well - I guess i should be happy that they are not "in the ditch."

I hope my partmer likes it. It is on its way 1/2 way around the world, so she will probably not get it for a while yet. :o)

But my first give away has arrived at its destination... (I am only getting out 1 or 2 a day, so don't fret if you don't see anything "soon.")

Last night I prepared & attached the binding to my Miniature Pirate Booty doll quilt. :o)

I've got my partner for the Summer Doll Quilt Swap - I trolled her blog yesterday & I have no idea her "style." But I have a "great" plan!

9 comments:

jovaliquilts said...

You're one busy lady (as always, it seems!). Congrats on finishing this quilt and almost finishing the Booty quilt. This one is lovely. :)

Jeanne said...

A little doll will be thrilled to cover under your latest doll quilt! Very cute! The pillowcases were wonderful, also. Good way to bust stash.

Jacquie said...

Love these pinwheels. I'm trying to imagine how small they are. Nice work!

Chocolate Cat said...

Love this little doll quilt. You are always busy and have something interesting to show.

Ruth's Place said...

It id so cute!!

Shelina said...

It looks great Amy. I'm sure your partner will really enjoy it.

Margaret aka Supermom said...

The only light I can shed is that she LOVES 1930's prints. Perhaps find a simple 1930's pieced pattern too...

Karen Dianne Lee said...

OH MY! This is really really cuteamous! I love it. ;)

Hedgehog said...

Very cute!