Friday, May 16, 2008

Another Day, Another... Dilemma

Or why I did not quilt yesterday
Or how I spent $300

Plumbing problems... Our shower got itself clogged beyond plunging - it did not even drain over an 8 hour period.

The culprit - hair...

Luckily the plumber had some advice about how to keep it from happening again.

"Hail Gel" once a month, it is available at Home Depot.

After that, there was no pizza to be had for dinner. :o(

TGIF - I seem (oh heck lets be honest) I get more stuff done on the weekend!

On tap for this weekend:
1. sort through some more stuff in the Stewdio. (I could do that for a month of Sunday's & not finish the task.)
2. round up UFO's (Sub-part of 1., but worthy of its own spot on the list)
3. round up ready or almost ready to be quilted tops/backs/bindings (Ditto the note for number 2.)
4. press & baste two doll quilts, so that I can hand quilt in the evenings again
5. Package fabric to be sent off to become pillow cases, package RR top to send it off for the next part to be added, package medium & dark blue scraps.
6. Photograph (etc.) Pile-o-books so that I can eventually package them off as well.

That should be enough - especially considering that I have a luncheon to attend on Sunday as well.

7 comments:

Vicki W said...

Oh yes, isn't spending moneyw ith the plumber just so much fun?! I hope you weekend is much better!

Dorothy said...

Oh! That just reminded me of another thing no one tells you about pregnancy. After the baby's born, your hair will fall out. Not all of it, but there will be a noticeable increase in the accumulation in the drain. Sorry. :o(

Jeanne said...

Ha, isn't the "Home Maintenance" thing fun?! I'd hate to tell you how much the furnace/air cost here this week!!

Jeanne :(

Shelina said...

Both my daughter and I have long hair so our drains get quite the workout!

Kathie said...

guess I had better go buy some of that stuff too...yes I have had to have the plumber a few times over the years for that same reason....wonder why he never told me about that stuff!!!!
hope you have a very productive weekend...

jovaliquilts said...

You do have a weekend list!!

BTW, don't think I've ever mentioned this, but I love the term "Stewdio". Quite descriptive!

Karen Dianne Lee said...

At least we can maybe keep you out of trouble this weekend with a list like you've got going here.