Monday, April 14, 2008

Sunday report (on Monday)

Well, I was in New Jersey for a family event, so I did not get to participate in the quilt-a-thon. :o(
I did however send out scraps to two different locations. (If you are looking for something - let me know!) So while my stash busting was not directly related to my own quilting, it is out of my stewdio! 

Tonight, I hope to trim my half square triangles... Oh & I need to attach a binding... Why oh why is that my stumbling block?

Do you have one specific stumbling block?

I know that I work on many different things at once, because sometimes, you are just not in the mood to sew, or cut, or fill in the blank. 

6 comments:

JudyL said...

My stumbling blocks change from time to time. Binding is one that I do have; also I hate adding borders and will sometimes get to that point and stop. And, getting my own tops quilted is sometimes a struggle too. I think I have lots of *excuses*.

jovaliquilts said...

Big stumbling block for me -- borders! I just don't enjoy putting them on. Don't mind so much when they are pieced, but those long pieces of fabric are no fun.

Ruth's Place said...

Mine is choosing fabric and then cutting into it, once that's done, I'm pretty ok.

Shelina said...

I don't have a particular stumbling block - I can get stuck anywhere! Choosing fabrics, cutting, correcting piecing mistakes, putting blocks together, putting rows together, figuring out the border, BASTING, quilting, etc. But now that I think about it, I don't think I've ever got stuck at the binding stage. By the time I get that far, I am too excited to not finish it. I too like to work on more than one quilt at a time, preferably at different stages of progress, so that I can work on the part that seems interesting to me at the time.

Vicky said...

Like Judy, my stumbling blocks change. Squaring a big quilt is one -- I don't like doing it, and I will often put aside a quilt for that reason. Plain borders are boring, and I really have to push through to get those done. I uesd to hate piecing backings - until I figured out how much stash I can bust doing that! :)

Kim said...

you were in NJ and didn't email me :O
My stumbling block is getting back out to the garage and finishing quilts on the frame. I bet this Vet quilt has been there a month :(
Never fear I have a week off with the kiddies and it's on my hit list .....