Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Same photo, different thoughts


Kaffe Fassett Blue quilt fabric.
Originally uploaded by aviva_hadas

If you click on the photo (or the link under the photo), you can see the comments that I added about the specific fabrics.

To begin, I made about 200 HST's out of thise bundle last night & I will apparently be making more, since I am doing a twofer & more of these are going in one rather than the other...

Oh, I should admit, that I used Thangles & only did the sewing part last night, not the trimming, tearing & pressing. :o)

For those of you who are not going to look a the flickr notes, I stated that the 5 will definately go in, & I said that 2 will definately not go in & the others got an "it depends on where the HST landed" on whether or not they will go in. (Which really is the answer for all 7 of the questionables. Especially for Mr. pink & blue. :o)

I got one more hand applique block done last night. :o)
Tonight I have class, so I will probably only get another hand applique block done, leaving the Kaffe delimma until Thursday.

7 comments:

Juliann in WA said...

That is a lot of HSTs and a lot of trimming to be done but I bet this is going to be a lovely quilt. I hope you will arrange it using all of the fabrics just to give them a test drive. Sometimes when they are cut up, they show a different color.

Karen Dianne Lee said...

Totally interesting! dig it.

Rebel said...

Dude! On my next quilt I only need to make 120 HSTs (it took me a minute to figure out what that meant... but then I was like - hey that's what I'm doing!). I know what you mean about the fabric colors. While if you were doing a blue-ish quilt with accents, all of those would go together, but if you're making just a blue/white quilt several of those just don't qualify as blue. Especially depending on how your pieces cut out.

For one project I did I had a fabrics that looked overwhelmingly blue in the whole, but individual blocks ended up being mostly black and/or white. Fortunately I was also using a lot of white & black.

Good luck!

Ruth's Place said...

That is a lot of HST! Love that line of fabric you're using.

andsewitis Holly said...

*Only* get another hand applique block done? I only wish I were that productive.

Little Pods Clothing said...

beautiful fabrics

ForestJane said...

I'm finally DONE with my hsts for the next quilt-in-progress. I knew there was a reason why I don't do many king size quilts. :)