Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Rainbow log cabin quilt blocks with cat fabric centers


Rainbow log cabin quilt blocks with cat fabric centers
Originally uploaded by aviva_hadas

Well, I have started my cat log cabin. I hope that by looking at the orange portion, that you can figure out my plan for this log cabin in a rainbow coloration will turn out. The centers are 5.5 inches square & the strips are 1.5 inches wide. I will only have 12 blocks. I have yet to decide on a border yet, but I am fairly certain that this one will have a border. I am sewing it using the Eleanor Burns method. (Sew the strip on then cut it to length.)

Is anyone else playing? Anyone else started yet?

15 comments:

Mary said...

I just showed a Rainbow log cabin on my quilt (without cat centers) and it was always one of my son's favorite quilts - he didn't want me to give it away.

I'm going to finish assembling the log cabin top I have in progress but can't possibly make more blocks now without going insane. Too much to get done this month.

Libby said...

The EB way is my favorite method *S*

Catherine said...

I love what you're doing with those squares! Have the same panel -- and I was thinking of surrounding them with technicolour flying geese, but you've got me rethinking that!

Carin said...

Love El, Love your rainbow blocks, Love the kitty centers.

Goneaussiequilter said...

This is going to look great. I wish I could see what the panel looks like.

Fiona said...

Looks superb - great way to show off the cat fabric.

Jeanne said...

This is going to be nice! I like your bright primary colors.
I always do log cabin blocks that way!
Jeanne :)

jovaliquilts said...

Looks like fun! I love the colors, and they look great around those cats.

Ruth's Place said...

They are seriously cool blocks!

Kay said...

Very cool! The colors are perfect with those graphic, mostly black and white, cats.

paula, the quilter said...

I am so out of the loop on this. I am not playing along. But I love the cat fabric centers.

Jeanne said...

Looks really cute, Amy. Can't join you right now, but maybe soon.

Sweet P said...

I'm not playing along, but I do love your blocks.

Tanya said...

That cat fabric looks like great fun! And the rainbow effect with the black cat will be very striking.

Karen Dianne Lee said...

Totally LOVE this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!