Tuesday, April 15, 2008

I've got a secret

Which I've been dying to tell... Partially because once i tell, then I can whine out loud daily about how I feel ____ & _____.

Any guesses?

Anyway back to the quilty content... last night while my husband was cleaning the fridge for Passover, I trimmed all of my HST's. I did help once I got my trimming done. But I have been so ______ that it took me a while to get to the point where I could trim those Thangles.

RB & Thangles - a paper method of makeing half square triangles for quilting I had a little help from my friend.

RB & Thangles - a paper method of makeing half square triangles for quilting How long has it been since you used Thangles?

I pulled the papers off after we finished our chore for the evening. Now I can go shopping for perishables. (We bought non-perishables in New Jersey.)

16 comments:

Kathie said...

him and her...in like twins....someone is going to be a mommy?

Ruth's Place said...

Love your helper! I haven't tried Thangles, must see if I can find them.

Since I know the secret my lips are sealed....

martha said...

oooo secret--will we be knitting little booties soon?
I used thangles for a churn dash quilt I made for my daughter. It was her wedding quilt in 2006.http://quiltcontemplation.blogspot.com/2006/10/finished-and-ready-to-go.html I still have an abundance left over, which I am sending to a friend to make a donation quilt with. I also made a donation quilt with them http://quiltcontemplation.blogspot.com/2007/02/done-for-now.html
these are my thangles quilts.
There are other options for tris including Inklingo, which prints directly on fabric and has other shapes as well. And you do not have to remove the paper or trim-which is the worst part ever!

Tracey in CT said...

Have you got baby quilts in your future? :-)

Jeanne said...

Woohoo!!! I'm thinking a SPECIAL Hanukkah gift this year??!!
HUGE HUGS ~ Jeanne :)

Jeanne said...

Amy, that's a wonderful secret to know. *s* I can't wait for the official announcenment.

Marlene said...

Are you having a baby(s)?

Congratulations

Beth said...

Are you expecting???? If so, CONGRATS!!!! Now for the ___ & ___ could it be twins that you are expecting???? I'm sooooo happy for you!!!! BIG HUGS!!!!

Shelina said...

I'm guessing that your missing words are nauseated and tired! Congratulations Amy!

Deb said...

I love your helper!

I sent my DH to do the grocery shopping today cause I had a client quilt I had to finish . And what did he forget??? The tea matzos...I use them to make my matzo balls for soup and stuffings. (not totally kosher, but hey...they're really good!). Oh well, he has many other redeeming qualities!

SO...can't wait to hear your secret...

Karen said...

Oh, that precious cat. Amy, everybody's saying you're expecting, WOW is that it??

mamaspark said...

I guess it's a new member of the household. Why the wait for the announcement?? Congrats!

Shelli said...

ayup-if you need to kvetch DAILY?

Me thinks a Mazal Tov is in order, B'ezrat Ha'Shem!

Exuberant Color said...

I guessed the missing words to be before and after.

congrats!

Chocolate Cat said...

You have the most gorgeous helper!

Karen Dianne Lee said...

I haven't been using thangles but I use Spinning Stars and it great.

Can you please give a kitty kiss to the very cuteamous cat? Thank you! :>