Thursday, April 17, 2008

How bout a meme?

This one is so freaking timely...

1. What part of blogging brings you the most joy and satisfaction? Relationships? Having an outlet for writing? Reading? Commenting? Building your traffic? Something else?

While it isn't satisfying, I have on more than one occasion gone back & found my "plans" for a fabric bundle... & I have gone back & remembered what was going one when... (I got married while blogging - Now I am expecting my first child while blogging... I'll have a good record of all of it, not just the nice stuff that you put in an album.)

2. What is the most frustrating part of blogging for you?

When you post a "secret" so that those in the blogisphere know why you are cranky, etc. Someone that you see in real life copies that and forwards that onto other people that you see in real life, so that you don't get the chance to tell them yourself.

3. If you had to give someone one piece of advice about blogging, what would it be?

As the reply that I got from that person: if you don't want it public, don't post it on the internet.
(Although she has overheard other things & had no problem passing them on in the past.)

4. What do you know about blogging now that you WISH you had known when you started your blog?

How to organize the information....

5. What draws you to the blogs you read regularly? What elevates a blog to “daily read” status?

If a blogger leaves comments, I at least visit them for a while... Not sure what makes it a daily read - or what prompts me to eliminate one or the other from my blogroll... (I go in cycles - I often want to limit the number, but I regularly add some back or add new blogs...)

17 comments:

Morah said...

I'm so excited to officially hear the secret! People with big mouths also have fast forwarding fingers!!! How irritating!!! Talk about not minding your own business and stealing someone elses thunder.....Hurry and tell us officially so I can say Mazel Tov!

Susan said...

Sorry your secret got out! It is a good thing you did all that traveling this past year, and all that quilting... as life as you know it will cease to exist. But of course a whole new wonderful life will take its place.

What the heck are trangles?

McIrish Annie said...

I guess the kitten is out of the bag! I am thrilled for you!

As for the daily read, it depends on the relationship I have built with the blogger and the projects that they do. You, Dandylion, are definitely a daily read! but you knew that! :)

Screen Door said...

I didn't know you were pregnant!!!(lousy friend I am) Congrats!!!!

Fiona said...

Oooh Congratulations! You must be so excited.

Andi said...

You sneaky little thing...just casually mentioning expecting your first child. CONGRATS!

Hedgehog said...

Congrats!!! Wishing good health over the coming months!

Sweet P said...

Congratulations on your first child!

Shelina said...

When I got pregnant, oh so many years ago, I had a hard time figuring out who to tell first, etc. Eventually I decided it didn't much matter, people would all figure it out one way or another. I figure the people who I told personally and first were the ones whose initial reaction I wanted to see. Congratulations!

Rhonda said...

The questions really gave me something to think about. So far, I am addicted to my blogging world and I love getting comments and visiting other blogs.

Chocolate Cat said...

Congratulations on expecting your first baby and thank you for sharing your news.

andsewitis Holly said...

Wooohooo Amy! Congratulations. It's an exciting time.

Ruth's Place said...

I keep telling you, send me fast forwarder's address and I'll chop her fingers off!

I'm not violent really.

Doing the happy dance for you (which is really something no one should see).

As for daily reads, some things that will cause me to drop blogs from my feeds are over patriotism(sorry, but US bloggers are the worst for that) and really bad writing/spelling with no paragraphs - I have to read enough 'difficult' English for work.

Oh dear, I sound terrible today, good thing you know and love me...lol

Note to self: do not leave comments when you are tired and sick...

Karen Dianne Lee said...

I think I totally missed out on the secret oh my goodness. Was I in the throws of my drama and so I missed it then? Oh dear.

Wow.

Okay well gathering myself together, I really enjoyed this post.

Although wow, I'm so excited. We've been waiting. So long. Very long. What did DH say? Oh I'm so missing out!!!!

Greenmare said...

oh congratulations! Now, how many quilts do you have planned for the little kitten? ;-)

GRACE said...

amy, terrific! I am soooo happy for you and mr calico cat! that is too, too terrific! now do you have visions of baby quilts dancing in your head? i'll bet...hope it goes smoothly and fast.

cityquilter grace

simplicitybegins said...

What wonderful news. Your first baby!!! Be gentle with yourself; it's not important that you be superwoman. One day at a time.