Wednesday, April 23, 2008

cooking & eating

When you feel sick (but don't actually get sick) do you feel like cooking?

Well, I feel sick... & I need to get cooking - we have guests coming over tonight. Luckily it will be vegetarian faire tonight, I so could not deal with meat...

Should I eat - yes is the obvious answer - but what? As I was discharged yesterday, among the tid-bits that I was given was  lit of Anti-nausea food combinations.

Ordinarily I am o.k. with cheese & apple - but not now... (Please don't ask what I do want, so far I can only figure out what I don't want. GRUMBLE.)

Oh & there are a few easy-peasy quick & simple quilty things that I should be doing...

At least I caught up with my blog lines & I even got a good chuckle out of it! "Cosmetically Challenged" strawberries! (I just got heirloom tomatoes at the grocery store & paid dearly for them - believe you me, they were cosmetically challenged!)

Any moms out there that were quilters when you got pregnant? What did you make for your off spring? How the heck did you decide? I think that I want to do seven sisters quilt? (I have decided that I SPY is better for a toddler - even though that has been a baby gift quilt from me on more than one occasion. Ditto the Very Hungry Caterpillar.)

What is it with sneezing & nausea - I sneeze & the nausea shoots up to almost completely unbearable...

7 comments:

debby said...

I survived wicked nausea with both kidlings. They are 17 and 21 now, and I still don't let them forget it. Things I learned from those tough 18 months:

don't brush your teeth first thing in the morning.

take tepid showers.

peppermints are your friend.

grapefruit, jello, saltines .... you can survive on these foods.

no perfumes, no powdered detergents, no smelly candles.

stay far away from where meat is being cooked.

Good luck!

Libby said...

I was horribly nauseous for a good four months *ugh* It was long ago now and I don't really recall exactly how I coped . . . but you will and then the memory will fade for you, too *s*
I was not a 'quilter' back in the day either, but I did an embroidered 'top' using crewel yarns that depicted an alphabet with object appropriate for each letter. It was (is - it's an a box around here . . . somewhere) turned envelope style with an eyelet lace ruffle and tied with yarn rather than quilted.

Tracey in CT said...

I can't give you any good ideas about eating with the nausea...I had horrible nausea for the entire duration of both my pregnancies, and basically didn't eat anything the entire time beyond rice, toast, cherry garcia ice cream and tea. In fact, I spent months and months on that anti-nausea drug used for chemotherapy patients.

In terms of quilts. I made my DD a pineapple log cabin quilt with solids and that rainbow jungle fabric from VIP. DS never got a quilt from me (bad mommy!!) until he was 2 or 3 years old.

Karen said...

I made an ultra-simple plaid quilt for my son that went with the northwoods decorating scheme in his room, but have never finished the other one that also coordinated. He used the simple quilt all through his childhood and now it's hanging on the bannister thing around the stairwell.

Karen said...

Oh meant to say, the cats like to hide under it, it's like a tent.

Ruth's Place said...

I lived on dried crackers and glace ginger.

My daughter is 7 months old and I'm still working on the quilt I started for her; deciding to hand quilt it while continuing to work until 38 weeks pregnant and then moving house didn't help me get it done...

atet said...

Yes I was a quilter when I became a mother -- what did I make? Um, two quilts that were begun before I was ever pregnant. Honestly. I got almost NOTHING done sewing wise while I was pregnant. I still have the two (yes 2 -- way over ambitious here) flimsies I was going to make as playmat/cuddle blankies. Well -- one flimsy -- one still needs to be finished. Mine will be 3 in a few weeks. The "special" quilt I was going to make to match her room? Yeah, I finally put the fabric back into my stash about six months ago. The other special one? That one did get finished partially because I made two very similar quilts -- one for my god daughter. Give yourself a massive break darlin' -- do what you can and don't stress! The baby will only care about being loved, cuddled, and fed. (oh, and diapers changed too)