Friday, April 11, 2008

3 posts in one morning, why not?

So yesterday, I looked at the calendar that I created for myself. I jotted in a few local quilt shows & saw that one was happending close enough & it started on Thursday. Since I am going to New Jersey this weekend, I decided to run down to see the show while I could. Well I had to run home first to get my camera (In the other direction) so that I could share the experience with you.

I got to the designated location I there isn't a quilt show... So I call my GF, who I talked to earlier about meeting me there, but she already made plans to see the show with someone else on Friday morning. (So three of us had the wrong weekend circled in our calendars.) To verify the date & to explain the situation... (Verify the location, etc.) We were all wrong...

Upside, I went to my GF's instead & we went to have banana splits for dinner.

Next Thursday, I hope to bring the camera to work, so that I can go directly to the show after work. :o)

There is another local show the following weekend :o)

Luckily I am sorting through my stash & catalogging my UFO's, so that I can have a bit of restraint while walking past the vendors. :o) I did really well last night!

6 comments:

simplicitybegins said...

Excellent trade--a quilt show for a banana split dinner. :) I'll look forward to the quilt show pictures later.

Finn said...

Hey Amy, so sorry to hear of the wrong dates all around, but at least you didn't arrive a week late! If ya gotta be wrong, you did it the best possible way *VBS* ANd banana splits sound delish! Have fun next week. Hugs, Finn

julieQ said...

Well, you will get there! Enjoy your upcoming shows, I love them so much.

Valerie said...

Enjoy the shows when you get there. I will be back to hopefully see pictures. I enjoyed my visit.

JudyL said...

I'd trade a quilt show for an afternoon with a girlfriend and a banana split! :)

Chocolate Cat said...

I did that myself with a little country groups display last year, biggest problem I had dragged the kids along! NOT HAPPY when we got there and there was nothing on!!!!