Monday, March 24, 2008

succumbed

Well a couple people (May Britt & Tracey in CT to name 2 off the top of my head.) have succumbed to the Civil War Love letter & civil War Diary quilt sensations that are running rampant through the blogiverse. Well, I was able to browse through one at Hancocks on Friday - they are right near the dry cleaners that I use, I was in the neighborhood, I had to stop in, right?(Yes, Mr. Calico Cat, the pancakes were good too.) Not unlike Dear Jane, Nearly Insane, Dear Hannah, etc. that is not my thing. So I passed. (I also did not get any fabric - even though I saw new cat fabrics - turning a corner...)

Meanwhile, I do want Prairie Children & Their Quilts.

Oh, & I pieced my Spring Doll Quilt Swap top - yay. This one is big enough.

6 comments:

McIrish Annie said...

I have been lured to the CW Diary blocks but have so far resisted. I do love CW repro fabric but have soo many other skillets on the stove that I am trying to be strong!

Did do some sewing this weekend, postcards and bluework and cut a new quilt. I think I'm back in the swing of things. Of course that means that the housework is neglected. definitely need to "dehair" the place!

Tracey in CT said...

You are a stronger woman than I am!LOL. So did you buy the Prairie Children book????????

Shelina said...

I've been seeing those quilts too, and have been tempted, but decided to wait until I get Dear Jane finished first! That will keep me away from those for a long time. They are enjoyable to me though.

The Prairie children book is wonderful - although most of the patterns are ones you can find elsewhere. So besides the pancakes, what didyou buy?

Karen said...

There were pancakes at the dry cleaners? I thought you were going to say you were joining in on the CW block movement. I'm so tempted. I have so many projects going.

Lisa Boyer said...

How about doing Civil War cats?

Libby said...

I'm staying away from those blocks, too. Far too many things on my plate and wish list to start another. I am working my way through Prairie Children and Their Quilts. Stalled as of late, but I do have the next 2 cut and ready to stitch. You should join me *s*