Saturday, March 15, 2008

quilt day


Rhapsody on a rag quilt
Originally uploaded by aviva_hadas

I guess that today is some kind of quilt day...

So what am I going to do? I will go to my goodie box to see if I have any thangles - if not I will run to the quilt shop with my gift certificate.

Then I hope to cut some strips for thangle-ing. (On Thursday, I sorted my taupes into light, medium & dark - light & medium with be thangled.) You may not have known this, but taupes do not have strong contrasts... Oh well, it will work out & I am so glad that fo rseveral shows in a row I purposefully chose to purchase lights. (In Lancaster, I hope to find yellow, orange, red &/or dark darks.)

My big helper, Rhapsody, she was sitting on my rag quilt while I sewed last night.

6 comments:

YankeeQuilter said...

Love the taupe quilt in the prior post. When I read about folks just popping out to the LQS or going to shows it makes me a bit homesick! Maybe I just need some internet retail therapy....

Ruth's Place said...

I'm with yankee quilter, I have to make an appointment to visit my lqs...

Shelina said...

The low contrast on the taupes adds to their charm. Thangles are fun. I still have the rest of my package here, and but was amazed at how quickly and easily those hsts got done.
Since people are telling you about LQS troubles - I don't have any. Mine is within walking distance!

cher said...

yeah, National Quilting Day-just an excuse to devote all one's time to quilting...or not. onward with the taupes huh? good for you

Carin said...

Your cat is beautiful! I love your quilt too!

Karen Dianne Lee said...

Oh we love Rhapsody. Cute kitty!