Wednesday, March 19, 2008

O.K. I'll try that...

Teacup-a-story on the Gracious Hospitality blog. (I found it through Calamity Kim's blog.)

My mug (I keep it in the office, so it can't be dainty.) is a Chicken Soup for the Soul mug. (Not that I am into the Chicken Soup series...) It's story. When I lived in Baltimore, I was friendly with a group that did a holiday gift exchange. The gifts were supposed to be cheap & preferrable tacky. (The exchange was a game where people could take your gift.) & Then Jean join in & got something "nice." All of a sudden the fun at getting & then having some one take your gift disappeared... (The previous year, a can of beans was the hit gift.) I got a gag gift early in the game - at that pretty much put me out of the fun. My GF later in the game got one of Jean's gifts - the set of mugs with a book. Since we were both single at the time, we split up the mugs, I got one & she got one. I use mine everyday. :o)

Quilt-a-thon - not so much, just folding & storing of already finished quilts.

4 comments:

Ruth's Place said...

As you can see I still haven't gotten to the curtains :)

Cool story. I have a set of very cool coffee cups that was a farewell present from one of my year 10 boys. I'm pretty sure his mother picked them as they are very me...

McIrish Annie said...

Hey Dandylion!
I'm exhausted from catching up on your blog! I was only gone 15 days and you had 20 postings! show off!
Love, love, love the isotaupes quilt and the hop, skip, jump. I am not very productive of late. In fact, I spent 2 hours just moving fabric around trying to come up with a combo that pleased me. without results. But I am going to take your thoughts to heart about being productive and see if tonight I might actually sew something!

have a great day!!

La Tea Dah said...

What a fun story of your special tea mug. Thank you so much for participating in the Gracious Hospital-i-Tea blog-a-thon! It's been fun meeting new people and making new friends.

Enjoy a lovely day!
LaTeaDah

atet said...

Ok, so you're making me look like a total slacker -- can I borrow some of your posts? Or maybe some of the finishes you have ?!? :0)