Saturday, March 01, 2008

Not my Quilt


Neutrals
Originally uploaded by sarybow

I snagged this phot off of Flickr - the photographer took the photo at the Indiana Heritage Quilt Show.

This is not my quilt, but this is the pattern that I am working on. Isotaupe, It was in QNM last summer - I have linked to the free pattern several times.

I used all of my taupes (at the time) & worked feverishly on this for quite a bit of time... I was even very happy with my mix of high contrast, low contrast light blocks, dark blocks, woven fabrics & prints... & then "Slumps Happen."

Well, I finally have all of my blocks pieced & I hope to press them all and put them (regular readers please sit down) on my portable design wall. Yes, I plan to take it out of the package, assemble it & use it today! Not that I will be a slave to where I put stuff when I get sewing... Oh & I need to cut my setting triangles. So that I can start sewing my rows.

In a clump, those are my weekend goals.

6 comments:

Gail said...

Lovely, I can well understand why you wanted to make one for yourself, and in taupes!

Shelina said...

Sounds like a grand plan. I look forward to seeing the completed quilt on Monday!

Vicki W said...

I can't wait to see your version. This is one of my favorite quilts in recent QNM issues.

Jeanne said...

This is going to be lovely. The design wall will help -- those on-point rows always goof me up! Hope you get LOTS accomplished this weekend. Go Amy!
Jeanne :)

Amanda said...

The quilt is beautiful! I can't wait to see your version.

Thanks for visiting my blog!

JudyL said...

Can't wait to see your quilt done! I do love that pattern.