Sunday, March 02, 2008

Isotaupe - quilt-a-thon catch-up

Well I did more that I thought & less than I thought...
I got all of my blocks pressed.
I tried to assemble the design wall.
I counted my blocks.

(I also worked on a paper that is due on Wednesday & went in the office to do some needed filing. We sponsored a luncheon "kiddush" at the synogogue for our anniversary, & we went out to IHOP for dinner after watching Tee Vee & chatting with the MIL. Oh & did I mention the cat attention grabbers?)

I thought that I would have sewn some &/or cut out my setting triangles - but as of yet, that has not happened.

What has happened recently is that I counted 213 blocks. I then had to figure out how that worked into a on-point setting. I may be the only on who does it this way, but...
I add, 1+3+5+7+9+11+13+15 & multiply by 2 - I then add in extra fifteens turning the square into a rectangle... That did not work out, so I started over (a couple times)
213 works out this way, 1+3...+17x2, + three more seventeens. And that is about 22 side setting triangles... I got a new ruler to cut these from strips instead of from squares... I got the rule for the last cat charm quilt because its side setting triangles were HUGE - so the squares would have been monsterous! (For these blocks, the squares method would work o.k., but I have the ruler...)

No comments: