Thursday, March 20, 2008

from so much to not much at all.

This can kind of be labeled as an anti-stashbusting post... The 7.5 yards of taupe fabric that my husband bought to back my Isotaupe quilt arrived yestrerday. :o) It is lovely & perfect - even if it is a bit light. (I kind of want to save it for the background for some appliques... It is not as if I don't have enough Taupes to need another back...) Thanks, Mr. Calico Cat - & thanks in advance for ordering the darker piece too. :o) It goes to a good cause...

In the mean time, my sewing had come to a halt! (I am apparently not in the mood to cut or to do hand work, or to look for my autumn UFO, or my spring round robin, or to sew on 2 more obligation pieces.) Hopefully when I get the next round robin, I will get inspired & that will carry over.

I just saw a round robin that I have not worked on - I am glad that I did not use up my whole (insert holiday here) stash... :o)

What are you up to?

4 comments:

cher said...

my post runs a close echo of yours-a lull in quilting momentum, but I know as you know, the inspiration/energy will return and we will be off and quilting our hearts out soon enough.
very sweet of your dh to order your backing-twice :-)

martha said...

Love that-"anti stash busting"-sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

Shelina said...

Very clever, Amy. If Mr. Calico Cat buys the fabric, it doesn't count as something you did, right?

Tanya said...

How does Mr. Calico cat know what fabric to purchase? Is this a surprise for you or do you lay it all out and he only has to push a button?