Sunday, March 09, 2008

Another quilt by me...

Aside: Apparently blogger was not working yesterday. So I tried to blog through flickr - sneaking a post into blogger - that did not work either...

Here is the quilt I wanted to blog about yesterday.
Hop Skip & Jump
When I flipped the corner up to show the back, RB still was not interested in moving...
Hop Skip & Jump - with backing showing (The gray dot must have been dust on my lens.)

The pattern in Hop Skip and Jump by Denyse Schmidt it is in her book Denyse Schmidt Quilts. But it was free in the Free Spirit fabric website forever... (I don't see it there anymore as they are no longer advertising the Flea Market Fancy fabric line.) BTW the free pattern was the "way" to get the pattern, because the patterns in the book need to be enlarged A LOT - & Kinkos won't do it for you... Even though the book states "ENLARGE 400%" (Still an irritant for me, apparently.)

I blogged about piecing this back in September (my link to the free pattern in that post still works.)
Most people orient the blocks the other way & do not add a boarder... (See what I mean at Diary of a Mad Fabriholic, Sam made one of these quilts too.)

In case you are wondering, the patterned fabrics are from Denyse Schmidts Flea Market Fancy line of fabric, the solids are by Kona & there is a Moda Marble. The quilting is a watery stipple - long & skinny.

I am only slightly in want of this: Single Girl. (I love juxtapositions & to be "in" on something... The justaposition here being the very tradidional double wedding ring pattern & the "in" bit: not everyone knows about the double wedding ring verses this Single girl.) But alas, I would then feel tempted to make a double wedding ring to complete the concept... & you all know that I like easy peasy... :o)

& for those of you long time readers, no the blue & white version is not finished...

3 comments:

Ruth's Place said...

This one is fabulous, and your helper is adorable as always.

Shelina said...

This looks great - I love the cheery yellow backing. Congrats on finishing a quilt!

Samantha said...

thanks for the shout-out- yours looks great! I used the templates from the website even though I own the book- so much simpler.