Tuesday, March 04, 2008

All those cats

Back to Mid-Atlantic. This post is going to be all about cat quilts. (Excluding those that I shared earlier.)

In no specific order...

Meadow Meditation (detail) by: Linda Hibbert Meadow Meditation (detail) by: Linda Hibbert. This was part of the Hoffman Challenge.

Meadow Meditation by: Linda Hibbert Meadow Meditation by: Linda Hibbert.

A Quilter's Menagerie by: Ann Fahl A Quilter's Menagerie by: Ann Fahl.

A Quilter's Menagerie (detIail) by: Ann Fahl A Quilter's Menagerie (detail) by: Ann Fahl.

Wistful Willow (detail) by: Linda Roy Best in Show (the cat is threadwork) Wistful Willow (detail) by: Linda Roy. This quilt won Best in show. This cat is threadwork...

Wistful Willow by: Linda Roy Best in Show Wistful Willow by: Linda Roy. Best in Show. I hope to see this quilt again, so that I can study it closer. (I missed those cats on the bottom corners... The willow trees are ruched.)

Cat's in my Garden by: Kathy Pitts Cat's in my Garden by: Kathy Pitts - this one got my vote for viewer's choice - I usually don't bother...

Cat's in my Garden (detail) by: Kathy Pitts Cat's in my Garden (detail) by: Kathy Pitts. I took a lot of detail shots of this quilt... The flowers were done with prisma color pencils.

Van Gogh's Quilt by: Ann Horton Van Gogh's Quilt by: Ann Horton.

Van Gogh's Quilt (detail) by: Ann Horton Van Gogh's Quilt (detail) by: Ann Horton.

Hopeful Return by: Susie Williams Hopeful Return by: Susie Wiliams. (my second favorite - closer to actual favorite after I had more time to thing about it.)

Hopeful Return (detail) by: Susie Williams Hopeful Return (detail) by: Susie Williams. Take a look at the red mug - I really like the scrappiness...
Hopeful Return (detail) by: Susie Williams Hopeful Return (detail) by: Susie Williams. Look how she used the paisley to accentuate the curve... & the plaid! Never would have thought to use a plaid as cat fur!

8 comments:

Ruth's Place said...

They are stunning. I think your two favourites would have to be my picks as well.

Lisa Boyer said...

Thanks for taking us along...meeee-owww!! Those are amazing.

woof nanny said...

Wow. Totally inspiring.

jovaliquilts said...

Lovely, all of them, but I am totally wowed by Van Gogh's quilt. I clicked to enlarge it to see how she put it together. Amazing!

Marlene said...

These are wonderful! Thank you for showing them. They truely are a pleasure to see.

Kay said...

Who would have thought there would be so many cats. I too like the Van Gogh one; even w/o the cat it's beautiful.

Amelia said...

As a cat lover...enjoyed the cat tour.

Karen said...

Oh thank you thank you for posting Quilt Fest photos. I lovvvvvvve the Van Gogh quilt.