Monday, March 03, 2008

2 things

So I was checking out quilt-a-thon blogs & flickr yesterday - when I saw a magazine cover (Quilts and More Spring 2008) had been posted by Happy Zombie. (Love the fabrics & the built in border.)

Later in the day, my husband & I went to the grocery store to get some more split peas. What was on the rack at the check out line - that magazine! (I bought it without even flipping through... I NEVER do that.) I sepnt 100% more on the magazine than on the split peas...

The next paragraph is pure gossip - go past it to get to the quilty stuff.

Oh & the gals in front of me were trying to pull a fast one... The were only buying gift cards, no magazines, no food - with a check, no ID... Very suspicious... We were stuck be hind them for far too long, but they did not get away with it... (Yes, I think that they were trying to float/pass bad checks. One of them may have gotten away with it - I recall hearing, no, I am not getting cash back & your bank won't let you cash a $300 check without groceries, etc. I was trying not to pay attention, but I think after the "no cash back" comment that he took the check.) It was tense & uncomfortable to be next in line behind that...

Oh back to my second thing...
Isotaupe (part of the quilt laid out) I did get the 1 through 9 time 2 laid out minus the setting triangles. I was in a sewing mood, not a cutting mood. I will press as I go so that I can have one row going one way and the other row going the other way... Not that I really pay attention to pressing, but it sounds good. :o)

4 comments:

Ruth's Place said...

It's looking good!

Vicki W said...

Your quilt is looking awesome!

Happy Zombie said...

I feel so honored you posting about me like that! You made my day! And I love that you love the border too. Thank you!

Years ago I worked in a big store, and we got a memo about someone writing on stolen checks (and the checks belonged to a customer we knew and loved). So this gal comes in and wants to buy some expensive radio... and writes on a check I knew was stolen. So I played dumb, told her it was only my second day and needed a manager to approve the check for me. Police came, arrested her... in hand cuffs on the way out of the store - it gave me great pleasure to tell her I had been there for 8 years and that I was a supervisor. Justice.

disa said...

情趣用品,情趣,伊莉論壇,sogo論壇,台灣論壇,plus論壇,plus,痴漢論壇,維克斯論壇,情色論壇,性愛,性感影片,校園正妹牆,正妹,AV,AV女優,SEX,走光,a片,a片免費看,A漫,h漫,成人漫畫,免費A片,色情網站,色情遊戲,情色文學,麗的色遊戲,色情,色情影片,同志色教館,色色網,色遊戲,自拍,本土自拍,kk俱樂部,後宮電影院,後宮電影,85cc免費影城,85cc免費影片,免費影片,免費小遊戲,免費遊戲,小遊戲,遊戲,好玩遊戲,好玩遊戲區,A片,情趣用品,遊戲區,史萊姆好玩遊戲,史萊姆,遊戲基地,線上遊戲,色情遊戲,遊戲口袋,我的遊戲口袋,小遊戲區,手機遊戲,貼圖,A片下載,成人影城,愛情公寓,情色貼圖,情色,色情網站,色情遊戲,色情小說,情色文學,色情,aio交友愛情館,色情影片,臺灣情色網,寄情築園小遊戲,情色論壇,嘟嘟情人色網,情色視訊,愛情小說,言情小說,一葉情貼圖片區,情趣用品