Thursday, February 07, 2008

St. Maarten/St. Martin

DSC04366.JPG
We took a tour on St. Maarten (the Dutch Spelling) to the French side.
DSC04361.JPG
I climbed up to Ft. Louis (my exercize for the day!) in Marigot.
DSC04347.JPG
DSC04358.JPG
There were some great views to be had from up there:
DSC04348.JPG
DSC04356.JPG That boat ran aground during a hurricane & they never removed it.
DSC04353.JPG That is another Caribbean Island in the distance - but I don't remember which one - I think it is/was British...
DSC04360.JPG A bench on the French side - I like it when ordinary objects have details like this.

Next up - St. Thomas.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

I do believe the island in the distance is MY island, Amy - Anguilla! If I had known you were going to be in this part of the world, I would have waited for you there while you took a day trip over from St. Marten! LOL! Love the photos!