Friday, February 29, 2008

Soliciting advice part 2


blue & yellow stars
Originally uploaded by aviva_hadas

Yes, I made this quilt. Yes, this is still once of my favorite quilts. Yes, it has some serious construction issues - but it is still in one piece. No, You can't see a better photo - I have it folded just so... As the Dorky Homemade Quilter (Lisa Boyer) would call a "quilt preserve." Although, in my heart of hearts - I want to make a "You could enter that into a National show & win quilt preserve." - That is who I want to be, not who I am!

Back to why I chose this photo - (Am I starting Flash back Friday - doubt it.)

How would this look in Taupes? Big stars being dark, small stars being medium & the backgrounds being light?

13 comments:

Rian said...

Well, you love those taupes. And this is one of your favorite patterns, so I don't see how it could miss. I think it would be subtle and dramatic at the same time. Go for it. Do you have EQ? You could do it up and see...

Mama Koch said...

It would be beautiful. Various shades of one color are always pretty.

Make it...and if you don't like it I'll give you my address!

Catherine said...

I think it would look super! Really sophisticated and peaceful.

martha said...

Go for it. It will be lovely.

Shelina said...

It is a beautiful quilt and I think it would look awesome in taupes.

Nancy said...

I think it would be drop dead gorgeous.

n, np

Andrea said...

It is a beautiful quilt and I'm sure it would look equally as good in the taupe fabrics.

Karen Dianne Lee said...

Great idea!

Gail said...

How can you go wrong with taupe?? I think it would be smashing, and just what you are looking to do.

jovaliquilts said...

I think it would be very elegant. Such a great pattern!

Nettie said...

Agree that this would be elegant in taupes. If you make it scrappy like this one, it will add depth too. BTW, love how you used all those different yellows. It's so rich and vibrant looking. Beautiful quilt.

Kay said...

I think it would be great. You can't lose with taupe.

I hadn't heard the "quilt preserve" phrase before. It reminds me of something my mother-in-law used to say: "As you show the quilt, keep shaking it."

atet said...

It would look absolutely stunning in taupe -- and so does your isotaupe btw!