Sunday, February 24, 2008

Simply Crossed & Gilded by: Renae Haddadin & Jan Clark 1st traditional


Simply Crossed & Gilded by: Renae Haddadin & Jan Clark 1st traditional
Originally uploaded by aviva_hadas

Well in the end, you have to choose some place to start... I am starting here, because on flickr, I found a close-up that I failed to capture. :o)

Story....
Mid-Atlantic Quilt show - the show that almost wasn't for me...

On Thursday night in my area we had a winter event - snow north of us & freezing rain/ice in my area. So I called out of work on Friday - along with a lot of other people in this region.

Once it warmed up a bit & the sun was shining, i called to see if I could get my rental car a wee bit early - I could & yes, they could pick me up! YIPPEE! So after getting the car & running some errands, I returned home to wait for my husband to get off work.

As I was driving to the highway - past the car rental office, I noticed that a warning light was not going out. So I stopped at the car rental office to let them know. They had 2 excuses that sounded plausible & reassured me that the tire warning light would go out after driving for about 40 miles... It didn't (Hampton, Virginia is about 200 mile away). So we are almost at our hotel - actually taking the exit off of the highway , we we get a flat tire... GRUMBLE.

Let me tell you that after driving for 4 hours after working for 8 hours, the last thing my husband wanted to do was wait for AAA to fix the flat.

We only had a "donut" (Tire that has limited distance speed restrictions) so we had to go to the local car rental office - where they arranged for us to go to a tire place to get a new tire. We did & luckily it did not take too long. By the time we got to the Coliseum, the warning light extinguished...

We got to the show as they were opening. :o)

4 comments:

Kay said...

Too bad you had such a miserable trip. Thanks for the pictures on your Flickr album though.

jason said...

hey, here is the site i was talking about where i made the extra cash, I was making about $900 extra a month...
check it out ..

Jeanne said...

Amy, I'm so sorry you had so much trouble. All you wanted was to attend a quilt show. VBG

Ruth's Place said...

That quilt is stunning. Sorry your trip there was so awful, but at least you made it in the end.