Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentines Day

O.K. So I was going to try to do something clever - like what happened on this day in history - besides the death of St. Valentine (I can not give any history on that subject, nor do I know why it is celebrated with cards, candy, & flowers.) on this day in either 269, 270, or 273. (I get my info. from Wikipedia.)

but aside from the Admission of both Oregon & Arizona into the United States, my history knowledge of things that happened on this date is sparse - even after reading the list on Wikipedia...

I came to the conclusion that all I can say with authority is that a lot of people (famous & infamous) were born or died on this day in history & a lot of things happened on this day. Check them out on Wikipedia.

Quilty content... I have made a red & white quilt, but I gave it to my friend as payment for her doing my taxes. That was pre-blogging, so no photos...

8 comments:

Shelina said...

Thank you for sharing your vacation photos with us. It was lovely being able to go with you virtually.

You certainly did get back into the quilting world quickly and easily. Hope your corners stay as rounded as you want them to be!

Shelina said...

I read your posts on bloglines, came here to comment, and didn't even realize there was a newer post. Happy Valentine's Day to you as well.

Greenmare said...

A red and white quilt in return for doing taxes, wow sounds like a great deal! I'd be on your side of the deal though, no way could I manage mine on my own.

tirane93 said...

you've been tagged! see my blog for details.

<3 <3 <3

happy valentine's day to you, too!

Finn said...

Hi Amy and furry friends, I'm just popping in to say Happy Valentine's Day!
Loved your comment about our 'girls'...LOL. I really wish that could happen, it would be such fun! Alas, Ebby is so a-social we'd never see her..LOL

I find it quite amazing all the variations on her 'comments' and sounds that come out of that sleek black body..LOL. Course, doesn't take much to amuse me *VBS* Big hugs dear friend, Finn

tirane93 said...

oops! i knew you did some of these things, didn't realize you'd already done this one! i'll read more carefully next time. :O

Dorothy said...

Happy Valentine's Day! I subscribe to This Day in History from www.thefreedictionary.com/ Today is also the 79th anniversay of the St. Valentine's Day massacre. (duh!)

I've been enjoying your (and Deb's) vacation pictures. Beats the ice and snow we have here.

jovaliquilts said...

Check out the "Learning Center" in the New York Times (scroll down the NYTimes left sidebar and you'll see the link). They have a "this day in history" with all sorts of events and birthdays, really fun. I often send the day's link to my friends on their birthday. The only thing I remembered about today without looking was, for obvious reasons, the St. Valentine's Day Massacre!