Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Cat fabrics

At the quilt show...
Cat Scraps by: Barbara Barber Cat Scraps by: Barbara Barber. I love that block. Here are two close-ups:
Cat Scraps (detail) by: Barbara Barber
Cat Scraps (detail) by: Barbara Barber
Why did I share those two blocks? I don't have those two cat prints in my collection... Yes, it is an illness. I am working hard on recovery...
&
Traveling Tumbling Block by: Karin McElvin Traveling Tumbling Block by: Karin McElvin (I am so impressed with the value control.)
a couple close ups...
Traveling Tumbling Block (detail) by: Karin McElvin,
Traveling Tumbling Block (detail) by: Karin McElvin, &
Traveling Tumbling Block (detail) by: Karin McElvin.
There was a blue cat on hot pink, too - so no, I did not take a picture of every cat!

6 comments:

Silverthimble said...

I love the cat scraps quilt! Gorgeous but challenging block!

jovaliquilts said...

Those are both great quilts! I agree, that cat block is fabulous. I am trying to play with value for a wall quilt and it is hard, hard, hard. It really takes distance to see it well. The tumbling blocks are really impressive. I love quilt shows!!

Catherine said...

Wow! Both those quilts are amazing. The tumbling blocks is incredible. Thanks for sharing.

Karen Dianne Lee said...

Excellent point about value control. Glad you posted that.

We're all learning. Its cool.

Global Village Love, *karendianne.

Tanya said...

How I would love to just gaze at this for a few hours! What fun!

qusic said...

cat fabrics, could be my next collection, I am a hoarder of fabrics I just can't cut, these tumbling blocks are in my queue too. Lovely and inspiring!