Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Can you believe this?

Log Cabin Stars (detail) by: Scott Murkin Best Machine Workmanship This is 1 block...
Log Cabin Stars (detail) by: Scott Murkin Best Machine Workmanship This is one unit with a penny for scale...
Log Cabin Stars (detail) by: Scott Murkin Best Machine Workmanship Here is one part of the border with his Best Machine Workmanship ribbon - again for scale...
Log Cabin Stars by: Scott Murkin Best Machine Workmanship Here is the whole quilt "Log Cabin Stars" by: Scott Murkin.

While we are at the mind bending peicing take a look at this one too.
Sunset in the Matapedia Valley by Heather Kimpel Costen best use of color Sunset in the Matapedia Valley, by: Heather Kimpel Costen - I can't even imagine how she did this... BTW It won a ribbon for best Use of Color.

11 comments:

Vicki W said...

Scott's quilt was my absolute favorite in the whole show!

Mama Koch said...

Too, too tiny for me to ever do. But, it's georgous!

Shelina said...

Wow - from the far away picture, you can't even tell it is a log cabin. So which one are you going to make next? LOL

Lisa Boyer said...

Your quote fits in with how I feel about all this tiny piecing! There was a time when I was trying to impress (perhaps myself?), but right now, it just all seems tedious. I think I'm old enough and have made enough quilts to realize that the ones you fuss over too much don't get used and loved--they get "preserved" because they were produced under stress and perfection. I have plenty of "quilt preserves"...I like to make "usables" now. My need for perfection left with my perfect vision and perfect body. For me, imperfect is the new perfect!

jovaliquilts said...

Wow!! What I love about the tiny pieces is that the quilt has different looks depending on how close you are. But it's a lot of time to invest in one quilt!

andsewitis Holly said...

Amazing! ... and way too much work :)

Tanya said...

So beautiful but you have to wonder what the creator does for fun! Makes me want to keep my eyes healthy!

Ruth's Place said...

wow, that's amazing!

Quilting Pirate said...

I love how you use the penny for scale. It's a much better visual on how tin ya 1/4" log cabin strip is! We are still talking about that quilt at work!

Jeanne said...

It is absolutely amazing! The penny picture really gives the perspective of how small those blocks are in the quilt. Thanks for sharing.

Judy said...

WOW! Gorgeous but those are toooo tiny for me!