Wednesday, January 09, 2008

On cruising...

I could probably have taken this very photograph... But my batteries are dead - & my last "spares" made it into the remote control... (The rechargeables - I think are in the stewdio - uncharged!) & I could have taken that photo because I will be on the same exact cruise!

Dead batteries mean no new quilt top photograph either... it is a blooming 9-patch.

Back on cruising. Apparently, the first week in January is not the week to buy a bathing costume... I did find something acceptable, but I almost pulled out all of my hair trying! I went to the MAUL (so much nicer in there after December, but still...) & looked in the department stores & even looked at the directory - hoping to find a specialized store... Athletic stores in the MAUL only sell tennis shoes! I found my ensemble(s) - I was told to bring 2, so that one is always dry - and JCP. It was much harder to find something for Mr. Calico Cat, but I persevered & managed to find something that I hope fits... I found it at a sporty store outside of the MAUL. I also got some other sporty clothes, because I have promised myself to do something "very" active EVERYDAY on the cruise. This is my chance to try Yoga, Pilates & rock climbing, in addition to walking & stair climbing.

FYI I hope to buy batteries this afternoon - after I get gas!

8 comments:

Shelina said...

I think that is a money making opportunity there - to sell clothes that other stores consider out of season. I've looked for clothes for vacation in another climate as well. I've also looked for clothes for foster children, and they didn't have the current season's stuff because they were all geared up for the next season.

atet said...

Oh yes -- always fun! If you're willing to try online there are options. Personal favorite is SwimOutlet.com. You can't try them on -- but the service is pretty darned good.

Ruth's Place said...

Oh I hate buying bathing suits!!, and clothes in general - but if I was going on a cruise I guess I'd go shopping :)

Libby said...

You can try some soCal retail outlets . . . it's a year round proposition in these parts.

Morah said...

UHMMM....I surely hope that's gasoline you need to get!

Passionate Quilter said...

I totally agree! I went to Jamaica in Dec. and had to use all my old suits cuz NONE were to be found then! And THANK you so much for sharing your pictures of Israel--it's somewhere that I might never see and it was awesome to have a first hand view! Have fun on your cruise! If you walk or do something every day, you won't gain weight. :)

Mary said...

ugh, is there anything worse than buying a bathing suit? I tried to find one last year before we went to Hawaii without any luck but I had had a couple that worked anyway. I think I'm going to pop down to see Deb in FL for a few days the end of the month so I should go find some of my warm weather clothes.

Rian said...

I have bought my last several swimsuits from Land's End and had very good luck. FWIW.