Wednesday, January 02, 2008

2007-8

Well, once again the new year came & went with out me noticing - much. I saw the London fireworks on BBC America. (At 7 p.m.) & to think that I bought some chocolate ice wine in the duty free shop (on the plane). It is a Canadian product but I bought it on a Spanish plane.

Aside: we were not happy with the service on Iberia - for what it is worth if you are flying anytime soon.

I am not making any resolutions, although losing weight is always good - after the cruise. Finishing already started quilt projects is also always good. & not buying (much) fabric is a nice idea too. Speaking of not buying, During the week in which I was gone, I did not have a fabric shopping hankering once - ditto since I have been home & they had a post inventory sale at the LQS last weekend... (I wasn't tempted or in the mood.)

Which brings me to another item...
On the cruise, you have to buy an all you can drink soda (cup, card, sticker on your room card) or pay through the nose for each soda... Would this be a good time to quit soda cold turkey? (My budget sure could have used it in Israel - sodas there were sooooo expensive!)

& I am not looking back at what I completed, started, thought about either. 2007 is GONE! (Now to finish a few lingering obligations - winter doll quilt swap, one to one doll quilt swap - both ready to be quilted, & my latest round in the round robin)

I am almost 1/2 way finished with (minimally) flickring my photos, so I will hopefully be able to start to share tomorrow. (I want to go back & be more descriptive - that may or may not happen - reality bites!)

I hope everyone is satisfied with their 2007 results & that everyone rolled nicely into 2008.

5 comments:

Hedgehog said...

Happy 2008 and glad you had a safe trip!

Jeri said...

Happy New Year Amy! Best of everything to you!

Jeri at http://scoobagirl.typepad.com

ROZ said...

Happy New Year

Ruth's Place said...

Avoid Malaysian Airlines - MIL just flew with them from South Africa to Australia, two unscheduled stops for technical difficulties and their digital camera and a shirt were stolen from their cabin baggage...

Jeanne said...

Next, Happy Belated New Year.
Jeanne :)