A. It got cold enough for us to have to wrap up - but we did not get any snow or ice. Some people lost electricity because of the high winds but that is about it.
B. The dinner party was nice...
I ended up making a Vegan bean stew, a very dairy kugel (noodle pudding), smoked salmon sandwiches (my lunch today), a vegan cake (my lunch today), a chocolate pie, & the expected cheese, crackers, veggies, hummus, pickles stuff. (you want any recipes - drop me a note/comment with an e-mail address.)
To make the stew "vegan" I bought a new pot (I needed one - this was the impetus) no sooner that I took the pot out of the box that my snoopervisor hopped into the box.
I hung 4 doll quilts to cover my fuse boxes:
I chose them based upon size...
I sewed on my Isotaupe quilt - It is all from stash!:
When I started this, I cut a strip of of every piece that I had that was a 1/2 yard or smaller. I then cut one pair of fat rectangles and a pair of skinny rectangles from each (I cut 2 pairs each from the Judaica ones that Marisa sent to me.) I then counted & had 199 "blocks." According to the pattern, I need about 176... So I made 14 more & will add 2 rows. The HARDEST part was choosing those extras... I felt like I was choosing my favorite child or something... (Melodramatic, huh? Just a tad.) Anyway that photo shows all 213 "blocks."
(I keep adding the "quotes" to "blocks" because none is actually a block yet. The bottom row needs to be cut in half & sewn to the skinny rectangle - the top row needs to be sewn to the skinny rectangle and then cut in half and sewn to the skinny rectangle again... The pattern ends up being reminiscent of Argyle. The free pattern was linked to on this blog a couple times in the past & is at the Quilter's Newsletter magazine website.)
Yesterday, my mini-group met for our December get together...
Here are some shots of the quilts that were shown.
& an applique block (will be a wedding gift for a February wedding.)
You too can accomplish that much applique in a month once you retire.