Friday, December 14, 2007

TATOUAGES, Sam Francis inspiration


TATOUAGES, Sam Francis inspiration
Originally uploaded by manulao4

An idea for all of you string quilt fans.... I am so happy to see the lights on the outside... (I kept wondering about my choice to lights on the outside, I am o.k. with that choice now.)

I like lights on the inside too...

In this quilt, i also like the high contrast & low contrast. (I always do, actually.)

Last night I was finally able to sew on my Isotaupe quilt again & some of my blocks are high contrast while others are low contrast. While I probably could manage something similar to thin in arrangement, I will got for random with Isotaupe.

What have you been sewing on?

Any just in time finishes to report?

I am going to sandwich two doll quilts this weekend if it kills me! (

& throw a modest get together - any ideas for vegeterian/dairy/fish food stuffs? I am making a bean stew, smoked salmon sandwiches, chocolate pie, key lime pie, veggies & hummus...

7 comments:

GRACE said...

the ever-popular deviled eggs...

atet said...

What about a cheese/egg strada? Or a souffle?

debby said...

I just made the yummiest Greek feta sun-dried tomato spread. Allrecipes (dot) com.

Enjoy your gathering.

andsewitis Holly said...

Great string quilt idea! Sorry no help with menu planning from me. I'm the queen of the one-dish meal.

Catherine said...

Love the string quilt idea!
Menu planning? Not me -- I leave the cooking to DH. Gives me more time to play with fabric.

Kim said...

Geesh! This is the first time a quilter's blog has left me drooling over food! Typically it's a yummy quilt, fabric, patterns, etc.! LOL, I need to run down to the kitchen to cook up something yummy! :)

Kay said...

That is a great string quilt. I'm looking forward to seeing the Isotaupe quilt.