Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Revelation -

First - I just turned in my group paper & I feel pretty o.k. about it.
Second - I just finished my final & while I feel o.k. about some parts, & others not so good - I am done & I don't really care how I did - it just feels good to be done! It was full of far too much memorization... BLECH!

Now for my revelation...

How many of you have heard about your eyes being bigger that your stomach?

That is my problem with quilting... I think I can accomplish things so much quicker that I actually can in reality. So I have a multitude of projects waiting or in some varrying state of undone. I watch too much TV & lay around with my cats too much to accomplish all that I have started or though about started... (Awful grammar, but I bet you get the point.)

Sophie had a really good post on stash busting... Go take a look, I hope to take a good look at some of my projects and get them moving...
(after a gathering at our house this weekend - in the mean time I need to move stuff out of studio B aka the living room once again...) I too hope to get more stuff to at least a top...

Gypsy Quilter is a new to me blog - not to a lot of you based upon the smiling faces that I saw in her comments - thanks again Karen Dianne for pointing her out to me. & while I was looking at her blog, I was reminded of several of my projects & inspired - I love her blue & white checkerboard & her red rectangles quilt... I can do squares & rectangles - eay peasy... (Oh there I go again - neglecting to think about how long it takes to make a quilt top...)

15 comments:

Greenmare said...

Oh geeze, you are right, my eyes are too big for my quilts too! Great, add that to my fabricolic-sim (??) my quilting ADD, and my manic-stippling and I am one messed up quilter! I think I need an 81 step program! Maybe I'll just go get one of those Hannekah Hams and relax for a while. Oh, I'm sorry but THAT was toooooo funny! Can you say chuckle-heads?

Ruth's Place said...

I suffer from that too, but my 'eyes are too big' extends across crafts...

Nancy said...

Yes, this is my affliction as well. Stash is NOT my problem. It is Projects Begun . . . . .

Libby said...

My eyes are too big for my abilities, too . . . but I just keep plugging away and it seems like eventually it all gets done - at least the stuff I REALLY want to finish *s*

Jeanne said...

Atta girl -- DONE!! Now you can think about your trip :)

My to-do intentions are always waaaay out of whack with reality! If I just existed in a vacuum -- no phones, no TV, no dogs, no meals, etc -- I'd get it all done right on schedule.

Jeanne :)

Laurie Ann said...

I am definately the same way. But even though I KNOW it. It keeps happening!!!

atet said...

Oh yeah -- the "time does not function according to the normal laws of physics in my home" syndrome. I've got that one too!

Fiona said...

Oh yes, I can identify with that - trouble is, it is true for the whole of my life, and not just quilting.

Catherine said...

Seems to be a very common problem! I won't even talk about how many little boxes full of pieces ready to piece are sitting around. I must think there's some magic to getting past the holidays which will mean that everything waiting to be done will suddenly get done.

andsewitis Holly said...

Yes, I have that malady as well. I spend way too much time thinking about what I am going to be quilting but have a hard time getting around to actually doing it. I love that "oy to the world" comment. Very funny!

Kay said...

Congratulations on finishing all that school stuff! I know the feeling. Now enjoy yourself, big time.

sophie said...

I am definitely a member of this club. Dare I tell you that as you get older, you may also, like me, remember when you could effortlessly accomplish so much more, so much faster . . .

Kathy Wagner said...

I have the same problem...too many eas, too much inspiration, too little time.

Finn said...

You know you are in good company here in blogland when it come to eyes bigger than tummy,right??? I think almost everyone of us has waaaay more started than finished!
I've just been lamenting over mine. I had a very BAD year for finishes, and a very GOOD year for startings!
I'm going over to read Sophia's right now...and yes, I too, love almost ALL of San's quilts(Gypsy Quilter)! Which makes for more 'starts!...darn it! Started one similar to the Kitchen Sink just today...LOL
Love your Laurel Burch panels!!
Hugs, Finn

Shelina said...

I have that same problem too. I try to estimate a proper amount of time and double it, cause there is always delays, etc., but even then I come up very short.
I don't know if you really have it though, you tend to get a lot of things accomplished.