Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Maybe it is just because it is pre-coffee time, but

While checking blogs I ran across this at Forest Janes, this at Luv 2 Stitch Jeannes, & this at Pieces from my Scrapbag Finns...

All on the First day of Hanukkah!

Hey guess what Spiral (scroll to Dec. 4th) Jeanne is considering blue & yellow...

No I am not going to play along... I do not care for mysteries. (I have done some mystery quilts after the reveal though & reserve that right in this cast as well!) I will have fun watching this unfold though. I love seeing different versions of the same quilt! OH & I am not playing because I have too many other quity things in the air. (I am actually sewing on my Isotaupe quilt.) & A trip in about 2 weeks!

I was going to post my Hanukkah/Christmas cartoon - I'll just link to where I posted it 2 years ago instead... (I am not finding it quickly on the hard drive.)

This one is still a favorite photo...

And my Hanukkah bed quilt and wall quilt.

11 comments:

Juliann in WA said...

hmmmm - it is kind of like when a song is in our heads and then we hear someone else singing it too and we don't remember that is has even been on the radio recently.

Rose Marie said...

The pattern for the Isotaupe quilt is interesting and will look forward to seeing yours! I'm staying away from making that mystery too. I don't usually do mysteries, but do like anything that Bonnie designs and I may want to make a bigger quilt .... so I'll wait and see the finished quilts. But what fun to see what everyone will be working on.

paula, the quilter said...

Happy Hanukkah, Amy! I don't do mystery quilts either. Like you, I reserve the right to do it afterward.

Finn said...

Hi Amy, happy Hanukkah to you and DH and my dear friend Betsy, who is on her way to Chicago!
Such a lot of Christmas getting mixed into your Hanukkah..sorry about that!
But yes, I do like red and green and they sure do give the illusion of christmas, don't they? I'm using red and green with white to do Bonnie's mystery. I also DON'T like mysteries, but I'm gambling on this one since I'm in a happy place right now *VBS*
Love, Love, Love your new Kitty Capers Quilt! Such a fantastic collection of cat prints...wow!!!
And I did link back and see your Hanukkah quilt from last December, it looks wonderful.
Have a great trip! Hugs, Finn

Libby said...

I'm right there with you on mystery quilts . . . there's too many things I KNOW I want to do *s*
Happy Hanukkah to you and yours!

Ruth's Place said...

Happy Hanukkah!

Shelina said...

Happy Hannukah Amy! I am going to enjoy watching others make this quilt as well, and try to get my already in progress quilts finished. I do enjoy all of Bonnie's patterns though so I'm sure this one will be a great one as well.

McIrish Annie said...

Happy Hanukkah, dandylion! I love the cat charm quilt and the quilting is awesome!! I have been lurking but have been super busy. hope you have a wonderful trip if i don't get back here before you leave.

atet said...

Happy Hanukkah! I'm trying desperately to get your package to you in time (before your trip) -- um, but, I may not make it...EEEKKK!!!!

Sweet P said...

Happy Hanukkah! I'm with you on mysteries. I tend to be too much of a rule breaker to do a mystery. I like you Hanukkad quilt-let.

andsewitis Holly said...

Happy Hanukkah, Amy!