Friday, December 07, 2007

Happy Hanukkah

Happy Hanukkah

Neat-o shot brought to you by turning that dial on the top of the camera to the picture of a candle - who knew? (I bought this Hanukkiah - Hanukkah Menorah - from an artist at one of those fancy schmancy art shows - it is made of stainless steel, any guesses why I chose stainless steel. I mean really I have a lovely Waterford Crystal Menorah & An Lladro Menorah...)

A present for me? My present & another view of the tablerunner. My aunt gave this to me several years ago. I am always quite pleased when I can find it & remember to use it befor Hanukkah is over. :o) I also keep thinking about making one... Any guesses about what I got for Hanukkah?

Do you remember the cartoon that I reshared a couple days ago? Take a look at how close to reality that can be...

Hanu-cat Trouble, with a capital "T" he usually jumps down when I say, "No toes on the table." But he is terrible nosey at the same time... Both of them are rubbers, so I can't have anything that can be rubbed until it falls and breaks...

12 comments:

dee said...

Happy Hanukkah Amy, I like your furry company. what kind of camera did you get?

Karen Dianne Lee said...

You know these are a couple of really neat shots. I really like the detail in the table runner and the other table topper that the Menorah is resting on.

And someone is being a silly bad little funny kitty! I'm glad we caught him in the act.

Cat Love, *karendianne.

Ruth's Place said...

Happy Hanukkah. The first photo is great, I'm inspired to fiddle with my camera settings now. Love the picture of your cat, now I know why you chose stainless steel lol.

Libby said...

Great candle shot . . . I'm going to have to check and see if I have such a button on my camera *s* Happy Hanukkah!

Kay said...

Just stopped by to wish you Happy Hanukkah, Amy. I wouldn't use a crystal menorah either!

Jeri said...

I really like your stainless steel menorah. Happy Hanukkah!

Marisa said...

Happy Hanukkah to you, what a beautiful menorah. I know little details about the Jewish faith, but what I do know of it seems very beautiful. No clue on the stainless.

You're getting pretty fancy with your camera - nice work!

As for the taupes, it depends on if you have a yarn dye or not. If you're using a yarn dyed version of a taupe, the "right" side is usually the bumpy side, or the side that looks more complex. Sometimes it's impossible to figure out which is really the "right" side though. I sorta use what I think looks good w/ the other fabrics, and call it done. Glad you are working more in taupe! Looking forward to seeing more.

Tanya said...

Loved the cartoon! Yes, I'm shooing cats away from the Christmas tree too. And why they like the felt ornaments I don't know but I'm finding them under chairs and behind the sofa!

Lovely menorah! I remember being entranced with a childhood friend's menorah when I visited her house during Hanukkah season.

What did you get for Hanukkah?

Greenmare said...

What a gorgeous Menorah! And what a great shot of the lit candles!! I love seeing everyone's traditions. That tablerunner is beautiful too. And the cat cartoon is tooooooo true! Years ago we had a cat climb the Christmas tree, he didn't get zapped, but he did knock it over.

Rose Marie said...

Happy Hanukkah, Amy. My guess for using the stainless steel one is on account of the cats? If it falls, no shattering of crystal. What's inside the wrapping?

atet said...

Love the menorah -- and hmm, would it have something to do with the furry companion?!?

GRACE said...

yes, amy; have a happy hanukkah...all the best in the new year as well.

cityquiltergrace