Wednesday, November 21, 2007

One final addition... & an EMERGENCY Big question (edited)

Guess what...

If you buy a frozen pie crust, you are actually forced to buy two... It is not smart or very "doable" to use one at a time - packaging issues and thaw refreeze issues...

So I had to come up with a second pie flavor for tomorrow... For shame, huh? I hear you all crying out there...

I have decided to do a chocolate pie.

My question...

How many ounces are in 1.75 cups? The recipe calls for 1.75 cups of Hershey's Special Dark chocolate chips... I want to use the bar of baking chocolate that I already own...

I plan on baking the pies tonight so a quick respose is appreciated!

Dry measure, 1 cup = 8 ounces. Does that sound right?

8 comments:

joyce said...

That is exactly right.

Hedgehog said...

8 fluid ounces is a cup. Dry things have different weights per volume. My bag of chips says that 12 oz is 2 cups (there's a lot of space in there!), so 10.5oz = 1.75 cups. Hope that helps! I have to do these kinds of conversions everytime I cook here with recipes and equipment in all sorts of measures! Fortunately I have US chips stockpiled!

sophie said...

Chocolate pie. Yum! You don't need it now, but here's a conversion chart that you might want to print and hang onto for next time. Have a great holiday.

Karen said...

Chocolate pie, I want to come to your house!

Jeanne said...

I agree with Hedghog! The pie sounds yummy.

Rian said...

14. But who's counting! Happy Thankgsiving!

swooze said...

I hope you figured it out. My pie called for 3 squares.

YankeeQuilter said...

Like hedgehog cooking has become a mathematical exercise where my calculator is used as often as the oven timer!! How I hate going from Celsius to Fahrenheit...