Friday, November 30, 2007

Once upon a time again - FINISHED!

Once Upon a Time Quilt My most recent finish!
close up once upon a time quilt A close up of the quilting and a couple charms.
Back & binding once upon a time quilt The back & binding.

My husband & I are going to Israel in less than a month! His friend's wife is about to have or just had a new baby (last we heard - about a week ago - they were still expecting), this quilt is for the older sister. (I'll share the one for the baby tomorrow...)

I would love to say that this was all from stash, but alas only the novelties came from my stash. I don't generally buy large enough pieces for this effect. Nor to I buy the "all over" type prints. I bought the backing because it is perfect for a Jewish child & the blue tied in with the blue from the front.

17 comments:

Ruth's Place said...

It's stunning! I love the backing.

Vicki W said...

That's a great quilt!

Jeanne said...

That's a terrfic quilt! How exciting to be able to visit Israel. I hope you'll take lots of pictures to share with us.

Jeri said...

that's a cool quilt. (yeah, I have the book) I really like to see novelty fabrics being used, because I have *no* imagination that way. Can't wait to see the baby quilt!

Libby said...

Very nice - the perfect gift for a child!

Exuberant Color said...

What a lucky big sister!

Jules said...

Have a wonderful trip to Israel. My friend Abby went years ago and wants to take her children there.

I love the quilt. Awesome.

atet said...

LOVE it -- and Israel? Way cool. Now I really do have to get my rear in gear and get something in the mail!! EEEKKK!!!

Shelina said...

Your Once Upon a Time Quilt looks wonderful. I'm sure it will bring the recipient hours of fun and warmth. So sweet of you to think of the big sister.

Rian said...

Israel! How exciting! Mazel tov!

JudyL said...

Looks great! I think the "big sister" will be very happy with it. I'm so excited for you two -- getting to go to Israel!

andsewitis Holly said...

It's beautiful! Any room in your suitcase for me to stow away?

Vivian Love said...

This is a wonderful quilt. Thanks for sharing it on your blog with us!

Sweet P said...

I love this quilt. This is the second one you've made from the Modern Quilt Workshop book, isn't it? I really must crack mine open again and work one of those projects.

Jeanne said...

The quilt is awesome -- the backing print is just perfect! How exciting that your trip is coming up soon! I can't wait to hear your report. I loved it when you told us all about Australia ... take zillions of pics for us!
Jeanne :)

amandajean said...

fantastic! what a great gift.

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

It is a wonderful quilt for the new BIG sister!!! I am sure she will have lots of fun exploring all the goodies in that quilt. And how exciting that you are going to Isreal and will be able to deliver it in person!

Cheers!

Evelyn