Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Morning

On Sunday, Jeanne, talked about the moon... I am rather intimate with the moon Monday through Friday, so Jeanne is welcome to him/her on Sunday...

I start work at 6:30. I know that sounds horrible. But where I live leaving any later compounds the commuting headache logarhymithically (That has to be spelled incorrectly - but I have not had a calculus class in more than a decade - thankyouverymuch.) Also on the flip side, I get off at 3. I don't know about you, but I can think of a lot of things to do in the late afternoon.

So I was going to take a picture of what I have been seeing in the morning for the past month - about a MILLION crows. I swear the trees look like the leaves have been replaced by crows.

I also figured out why I have not won the lottery... I used up my luck in not getting dive bombed by all of those crows... When I walk to my car, the sidewalk is almost covered in bird poo - so my escape is no small miracle.

No, I am not a morning person perse, but I suffer through for the afternoon. All of this is subject to change if I have a baby, but for the mean time...

5 comments:

dee said...

Having an Alfred Hitchcock moment???
Seriously, the long and narrow is stunning. I love the color combo. Very very nice. Really great pattern as well

Jules said...

Logarithms are Algebra II, not calculus! (See what happens when you have a math teacher reading your blog?) Oh, and I think you really mean exponentially. I can attest to traffic in the DC area being horrible. My dad took the train in my later years, and I think it added years to his life not to have to deal with that traffic.

It was great to find a minute to read your blog again. Hope you are doing well.

Mama Koch said...

I go to work early and get an early afternoon too. So nice this time of year to get home before it's dark.

Did I hear baby in that last sentence?!

Jeanne said...

You know I have my fingers crossed for the baby change of schedule! But actually, lots of dark middle-of-the-night/early-morning stuff with that, too ... and you don't get the afternoons off early like you do now.
Jeanne :)

atet said...

If you are dealing with DC traffic -- I'm amazed you don't leave earlier! (The summer I lived in the area I was getting to work by 5:00 am -- oddly enough the traffic's not so bad at 4:30) But yeah -- the afternoons free make it worth it.

And yep -- if you have a baby things WILL change (go ahead, try and find decent daycare before 6:30 in the morning!)