- Turkey (I am using the America's Test Kitchen method/recipe - plus a few herbs)
- I will try once again to make a gravy from the drippings - I have ruined it more times than not... the rue ruins me - how is that for alliteration?
- Sweet potatos - baked & served plain (maybe with pumpkin pie spice)
- Baked potatos - ditto, except the spice would probably be different :o) Am I the only one who is convinced that all "-tos" should have an "e?" Just wondering.
- Quinoa - maybe plain, maybe with sauteed veggies and toasted nuts thrown in... Probably plain, they already have a nutty flavor.
- carrots - just boiled
- Squash - made with apples and pumpkin pie spice
- Stuffing - maybe, depends on my mood - this is a late addition to the menu (I would do a variation of the hyperlinked recipe.) My Girlfriend is going to make this too. I though we had enough "starch" but she would miss stuffing (I probably would too honestly - but I messed it up last year.)
- sauteed spinach with wild mushrooms
- my girl friend is bringing cranberry sauce
- my girlfriend is bringing an apple pie
- sweet potato pie with a candied pecan topping - served well after the main meal, because of the heavy cream & butter...
Are there any glaring omissions - I don't care for green bean casserole - or any other gloppy vegetables in disguise. My girlfriend doesn't like cruciferous vegetables, so the roasted cauliflower & broccoli is out... I can't make anything with milk, cheese, or butter...
Feel free to share your Thanksgiving Menu - or any similar harvest menu...