Wednesday, November 07, 2007

The loot

Be prepared to be disappointed...

I practically blew my loot in one spot - Pinwheels. You guys know how much I love my taupes...

I was a "good girl" I went wanting lights & I left with lights. :o) I am going to use these as the background for an applique project. (& They will work their way into other stuff I am sure.)
Light Taupes

I also got a charm pack

& some new stuff that they are carrying...
Japanese prints
Any ideas on how to use them? They are slightly heavier that quilters cotton... I always like to see multiple color ways or positive negatives in projects, so I got "all" of the green ones... :o)

I also got gifties for me sew-n-tell friends & a travel cushion/sewing storage bag...
It has a place for a cushion & then the two sides fold out and down your folding chair with zippered pouces to keep thread, scissors & the like, when you fold it up, there are pockets on both sides, one zipps and one that closes with velcro, the whole thing closes with a velcro closure & ther are two handles for totinig about.
My sew-n-tell group meets in the classroom area of a quilt shop - so this should come in handy regularly!

That was it...

If I had been in the market for Kaffe Fassett or Amy Butler, I would have been in luck... I guess that "trend" is catching on - finally.

I did not see any Denyse Schmidt fabircs - I was looking for them, but I did not look too hard, the hoardes were impossible to get through in places...

8 comments:

Libby said...

Who could be disappointed with a happy little stash of taupes? Sounds like you came away with just what you wanted.

May Britt said...

Oh......all those wonderful taupes!!!! I wish I could visit that shop too.

Rian said...

Ooooh, pretty fabrics to pet and organize. We love that.

andsewitis Holly said...

No ideas from me but that's a mighty fine collection of lites you got there. You did great!

Shelina said...

Welcome back Amy. Thanks for bringing us along for the ride - for free! Your lights are beautiful - they will turn into beautiful quilts for sure.

Hedgehog said...

Just love those green fabrics you found!

Nancy said...

Oh, Oh, Amy! Those green fabrics are fantastical! I went to Pinwheels website and they don't have them there. Was this a FQ pack? I'm about to call Maria and inquire how to get some ......

Quilting Pirate said...

I think you did well for yourself - I'm surprised there's no red :D but looks like you picked out some wonderful new fabrics!