Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Just a bit of information

I ran out of room on my memory card, so I could not take all of the phots that I would have liked... I specifically did not take some of some of the big winners, because I knew they would be on Flickr & they are on the website. So go take a look, those photos are far better that the ones I would have take any way... And they included some that I did not even consider taking - I had seen the before or they were not my thing... Or I completely missed them... That is why I love to check out Flickr & the like to see what other people thought enough about to photograph. I sometimes think that I went to a different quilt show.

As an aside I have a funny story... I was walking (raher briskly) past a couple of "older" ladies who were looking at a quilt by a Japanese entrant. The quilter used Sunbonnet Sue. The one ladt asked the other why she used Sunbonnet Sue... Her answer - I guess the same reason why so many Americans use Japanese styled fabrics... (Not the exact words, but the gist!)

I got to meet up with two bloggers Sophie & Vicki. I think I look better in Vicki's photo... I suffer from too many cameras syndrome...
For better or worse, here is the one that Mr. Calico Cat took.
Picture 338 Don't bother enlarging it, Mr. Calico Cat did not hold the camera still. We all look better small. :o)

I had a bit of "startstruckesness" but I don't have photographic evidence, I am not that bad... Besides if I were, I would have deleted them to get pictures of the quilts.
Anyway I saw/met Mark Lipinski - the magazine guy, Alex Anderson, Mariane Fons, Paula Nadelstern, Helen Godden, Ami Simms, Frieda Adkins & Sally Collins.

9 comments:

McIrish Annie said...

enuf of the quilts!! I want to see what you bought!!

Mama Koch said...

I'm jealous! I went last year and had SOOOooo much fun! Maybe it'll be in my plans in the near future to go again!
Love the smiley faces.

Rian said...

Welcome home! Sorry I missed you.

Kay said...

Fun to see the three of you. I know what you mean about sometimes feeling you went to another show when you see other people's pictures.

Karen said...

Wow, so much fun, Amy! I'm so glad you got to go. As Annie says, what did you buy??

atet said...

Oh so much fun!!! I can't wait to see the goodies you brought home with you as well!

sophie said...

It was so nice to meet you and Vicki and Mr. Calico Cat. I'm not sure any of us got great photos . . . I seem to be a (tired) giant in all of them.

Kathie said...

just love reading your blog and all about your Houston trip.
thank you so much for posting the pictures for those of us that had to stay home to see too!
thanks again
Kathie in NJ

Juliann in WA said...

Sounds like you had a great time. Houston is on my someday list.