Sunday, October 07, 2007

Silk quilt


Silk quilt
Originally uploaded by Manada

I think that I like everything about this quilt....

I am o.k., I had one of my tubes "fixed." Hopefully that will help with the fertility issues. Thanks for all of your good thoughts and prayers. I have been able to do a little bit each day.

Of the items on my short list, I worked on one of the gift quilts that I hope to deliver in person in December in Israel.
Since it was (is) a fusible applique project, I traced extras for a "for me" version. :o) I also traced extra letters for my "Chatoolim" quilt - (Hebrew transliteration into English meaning cats) an old UFO that uses my Judaic prints.
Which brought out the blue pieced cats for my "Rhapskitty in Blue" quilt...
Which brought out the blue/yellow pieced cats for the "Les Chats" (French for cats) quilt.
Which brought out the yellow pieced cats for the quilt that will use the word cat in a whole lot of different languages quilt.

Yes, the cats are all pieced using the same pattern - once upon a time ago, it was going to be 1 quilt, but there are too many cats - I have a ting for blue & yellow prints.

9 comments:

Shelina said...

That is a beautiful quilt - and silk too!

I hope that the surgery helps take care of your family issues.

Susan said...

Sorry I didn't know about your surgery, but good wishes are heading your way right now for a speedy recovery! Take it easy and have a good week.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Great quilt. Glad you're on the mend, take it easy and don't over-do. Love your quilt names.

Libby said...

Love that silk quilt - have I ever met a hexagon piece I didn't like? *s*

Jeanne said...

Hope your procedure is successful!
Hugs ~ Jeanne

Fiona said...

Hope everything works out for you. I have only ever made one hexagon quilt - took me years, don't think I've got the patience for another.

JudyL said...

I hope the surgery works for you and you'll hear the pitter patter of little feet soon! :)

You do love your cat quilts!

atet said...

Sending good thoughts for a speedy recovery and for abundance :0). I love the names you've given your projects! That silk quilt is amazing!

Kay said...

I didn't know about the surgery, but best wishes on a successful outcome--I know about those issues!