Wednesday, October 10, 2007

several random items from my convalescence



I caught this TeeVee show on the telly - the kiss of death, if I like it, it will not last. I barely watch any of this kind of television - I am usually watching true crime shows, documentaries, PBS, crafty stuff & cooking shows - so the mere fact that I bothered to tune in is saying something - like IT WON'T LAST! Sorry if you liked it too...

Rhapsody on the rulerWhile I tried to work on quilty stuff, I had some help... That is Rhapsody on the cutting mat and ruler.

RB on the cutting mat Did I say, "Some?" I meant a lot of help. Here is RB in a similar pose. It is a good thing that my rotary blade closes automatically.

RB on my hand quilting project RB Helped with my hand quilting too... He hopped into my lap almost as soon as I got settled to take a few stitches...

And finally my current project:

baby gift in process I still need to button hole around those letters... In the pattern there is a house that fills in the "space." Any ideas on what to put in there for a baby?

17 comments:

Libby said...

Right there with you on the television shows. We currently wait to see if something is going to hit and try to catch the dvd release in summer. That way we can watch on our own schedule and skip commercials, too *s*

Susan said...

We liked the pushing daisies show also, and figured it wouldn't make it - not because we liked it - but it is so far from the reality shows and is an hour long (probably too long for most viewers' attention spans). But maybe it will make it, we'll see. It is on tonite, don't forget.

Jeanne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jeanne said...

We watched Pushing Daisies, too, and plan to try it again tonight.

Could a heart and a star of David somehow be used in the empty spot? Or like two hearts with the star in the middle or something along those lines? Or are you thinking of something 'baby-ier'?

Jeanne

Jeanne said...

Hmmmm, no idea why that came up twice -- I deleted one.
Jeanne

Hedgehog said...

Heard good things about that show - know what you mean about things you like getting cancelled!
Glad you're having so much help with your quilting these days. I might put an animal (or more) in the space.

Laurie Ann said...

Oh no, I liked Pushing Daisies too and I also have the "kiss of death" when it comes to new shows. Double doom! :) Going to Israel in December, you must be pumped!!

Cathi said...

This might be too Chaunakah specific, but what about a dreidel? It is a kids spinning top right?

GRACE said...

for something baby-ish how about a train or doll carriage? if the gender is known, that is; if not, then perhaps a dog and/or cat? just an idea..

andsewitis Holly said...

About the only thing I watch is The Office. Too much on the go for viewing anything else. TV tends to put me to sleep - lol.

Are those Hebrew letters on the baby quilt? What did I miss? I want to know what it says.

Hope you are back to normal living soon, Amy.

andsewitis Holly said...

P.S. I remember now - the alphabet! Awesome.

Shelina said...

I like the show too, and have a similar curse on new shows, so you're right, it is almost guaranteed to go off the air.

For the baby quilt, you could consider also adding the child's name and birthdate, or maybe some pictures in the border.

Morah said...

No idea what to put in the hole but HOW CUTE! Love the colors!

Deb R said...

I like Pushing Daisies too and I have the same kiss of death, so it's well and truly doooooomed!

Susan Ramey Cleveland said...

Rhapsody is a pretty kitty.
I have the kiss of death when it comes to products in the grocery store. If I find something I like and get used to it, it disappears off the store shelfs. Currently, it Folger's Black Silk coffee. Can't find it anywhere, and I love it.

Feeling Simply Quilty said...

I liked the Pushing daisies myself. The short cute blond that kind of keeps the show going is one of my favorite actors and I can't think of her name. I hope you haven't jinxed it!

Marisa said...

How about a teddy bear or a rattle? This quilt is beautiful. Very nice work.