Friday, October 12, 2007

Motivation

What motivates you?
deadlines?
appointments?
internal?
chocolate bribes?

They all work for me, but right now I am using the appointment motivator. I am working on two gift quilts that will be delivered in December. No problem right, this is only mid-October. Well, I e-mailed my long armer and asked when she would need it to get it back to me by mid-December. Her reply, "As soon as possible."

So last night I worked diligently on one of the two quilts. No photos, but I am doing this
once upon a time
with a yellow backgrounds and blue lines. Last night I got the diagonals pieced. I need to trim them down. (Some of those will become the "X" blocks.) I also pieced the horizontal/vertical blocks, just need to sub-cut those. & I need to cut the solid squares. (I have had the novelties cut for a while.)

7 comments:

Susan said...

Yes, I always work better under pressure, a deadline is great motivation!

You are sooo nice that I have sent this Nice Matters award to you, come on over and pick it up here.

McIrish Annie said...

Hey Dandlylion! I know it's been a long time but life is getting in my way of blogging! Looks like you are as scattered as ever ( and I mean that in a good way as a fellow dandylion would understand)! REally like your fall swap quilt. You sure are making a dent in that "Modern Quilt" book. It is sitting in my sewing room now calling to me!

Libby said...

I like deadlines . . . not the pressure if I have let things go too long, but just knowing exactly when I'm expected to have something done.

Tanya said...

What a fun looking quilt! I think deadlines motivate me. Certainly not
good intentions. Those always backfire!

Shelina said...

Amy, this is a fun quilt to make. The only part I didn't like was fussy cutting the novelty squares. Since you have that part done, it is all fun the rest of the way.

One thing you might notice is that there are some squares that are right next to each other. I cut them into rectangles so I wouldn't have to piece them. Saved a little bit of sewing and cutting.

Sweet P said...

Creativity motivates me. When an idea or an urge to create a specific project hits me I have to act on it or I'll go crazy.

I see your making another quilt from the Modern Quilt Workshop quilt. I still haven't made a quilt from that book, but I think I will soon.

Mary said...

Right now I have 1 quilt to finish piecing that also needs quilting, 2 tops to quilt for Mom, and 3 wallhangings to quilt for my aunt before Christmas. I keep thinking I have plenty of time but I also have several HeartStrings tops that need to be worked in.

Lists usually work better for me than deadlines and help me get things done earlier than needed.

Luckily, I don't have to worry about meeting someone else's schedule - good luck getting them to the longarmer soon enough!