Wednesday, October 17, 2007

more red, an open letter, & a WIP on Wednesday.

More red...
red fabrics for a new quilt These will most likely be on the back. They are not "red" enough for a RED quilt. The bits of brown, blue, yellow, etc. are distracting when you want RED. Looks like it will be a cat back, huh?
More red fabrics for a quilt These might make it onto the front. I am using red with white & red with black, so I think the gray might work. We'll see. I have that last cat on the right in red on white as well. :o)

I have told everyone of you that I have a lot of cat prints. Do you believe me now?

A bit of an open letter...
About this & I think this (actually this is about something similar but different). You see, I voiced support & apparently a "friend" of the person selling the pattern decided to e-mail the people who posted on Bonnie's blog...

My reply was: If Debbie (the person selling the patterns) had 1 similar pattern, I could see your point... 2 is too coincidental. Especially since they are not just another 9-patch/snowball mix... The weed whacker (Making the cut) with 2 darks instead of one is an original idea that I believe Bonnie figured out...

Now that I have that off my chest, can we get back to quilting?

WIP on Wednesday. I have been saving this picture for a couple days!
quilt in progress I am thankfully farther along on this that it appears. :o)

5 comments:

Ruth's Place said...

Oh, I can't wait to see what you're going to do with all those delicious red fabrics!

Juliann in WA said...

This last picture is very interesting. Wonder what it will become?

Laurie said...

I love the RED! I have a red quilt (Irish chain) started. Unfortunately it's in a box and not even in my 'sights' right now. I have 2 Christmas quilts I'd like to get finished.

Mary said...

I got an email also - not sure I like being chased down like that but my response was that if she'd made an honest mistake, I'm sure she'd do the right thing. Quilts from Bonnie's patterns are all over the internet and I don't always see a notation referring back to her site so who knows maybe she saw someone's quilts based on Bonnie's patterns.

Mama Koch said...

Yes, you have a lot of cat fabrics. I also love the red.