Thursday, October 18, 2007

Anyone for white & red?


Anyone for white & red?
Originally uploaded by Sibi

I made a trade for these. & they arrived yesterday. I am getting so excited to work on the red quilt... :o) Mnay others have generously offered to send my some reds, thank you all very much!

FYI I mentioned the other day that I was going to look for some Mr. B's kitties, black on red... I found black on yellow, black on blue, black on orange, & black on gray. I remember using them in a swap... (Now I am trying not to have hard feelings for swapping something that I now want to use.)

In the mean time, the more tedious of my two gift quilts is in rows! YIPPEE! The pattern looks simple enough, but the "X" "/" "I" & "\" have to point to a novelty charm for the pattern to work. Not as easy as it seams. Because you also want those elements to be randomly placed within the quilt.... (I might have unsewed as much as I sewed.)

8 comments:

Rian said...

Looks like you've been a busy girl! I love the red and white. Looking forward to meeting you at IQF!

Karen said...

I LOVE the red print you received on the right...what line is that, does it say?

Shelina said...

I liked the planning of the story lines on the quilt. Kept it from being boring. Personally I think the quilt will look great no matter where the lines are. Sometimes there are neat shapes that come from serendipity if you just place them wherever. Of course, you would always add a maze ...

julieQ said...

Very nice red print. It will go very nicely, I think!

Jeanne said...

I have your package of reds on whites ready for tomorrow's mail. I'll have an added interest watching this quilt grow.
:-)

Sweet P said...

I like the doll quilt you showed recently. The colors are gorgeous. I've been working on a red and white quilt myself. I can't wait to see what your quilt looks like.

Niki said...

Love red/white quilts. Can't wait to see what yours comes out looking like. :)

Kay said...

Wonderful red and white!