Friday, September 07, 2007

To finish is divine

I once saw a sign in a shop or at a show oh heck it might have been on a blog or shirt that said something to the effect of "To quilt is human, to finish is divine."

Well, I have another finish to report.
zipper back Cheryl, do you see my "faux bias binding?" Thankfully they printed those stripes on the diagonal. :o)

Another view:
angled zipper The pattern is Zipper & it is in Modern Quilt Workshop by Weeks Ringlr & Bill Kerr of Fun Quilts fame. They did the pattern for Plain Spoken - the quilt I showed a couple day ago.

As of Saturday, I attached the 3 bindings, whew! & I attached a border to the Brown quilt that I shared a few day ago.

The magazine that I could not think of is Quilts and More - I am going to do the cover quilt with the Joel Dewberry prints - using Kona Show where they used White & Brown where they used solid pink. I'll worry about the border when I get there....

22 comments:

Gail said...

WONDERFUL! Love the colors,don't the fabrics work well in this pattern??

Belém said...

Gorgeous. I love the second photo, the quilt looks so nice.

Belém said...

Gorgeous. I love the second photo, the quilt looks so nice.

paula, the quilter said...

It's nice to see the Zipper Quilt done. Love the quilting on it. Reminds me of water. Don't be surprised if you see it on a future quilt.

Andi said...

I love that pattern! I need to put on a binding this weekend...any bets on if baby K agrees with that plan?!?

Tamera said...

Love it! Love it! Love it!

The more I see the brown and turquoise, the more I love it.

Wonderful job.

Tracy said...

I love it! I adore the colors and the pattern.

jovaliquilts said...

Yes, I see the faux bias binding! How clever that is. I love the Modern Quilt Workshop, really wonderful book. Your rendition of Zipper is great!

atet said...

Oooh, lovely! I've looked at that pattern, still not sure what fabrics I want to use, but I will make one. One day! (also am loving the fabrics you have lined up to play with -- yummy!)

Hedgehog said...

Gorgeous! Congrats on the finish!

Vicki W said...

I LOVE that quilt! That's a fantastic fabric collection.

Libby said...

Great finish! Love that faux bias binding - had the good fortune of finding some of that myself once . . . a very happy day *s*

Shelina said...

Oooh definitely a divine finish! It's beautiful, and I just love the striped binding. Wonderful! Congratulations.

Julia said...

I love this quilt! The pattern is fun and the fabric you used is divine. What fabric collection is it?

Rose Marie said...

Love the colours in this quilt .. well done!

Studio Christine said...

have to agree with everyone elss...the Zipper quit looks great in your chosen colors.

Seems turquoise/blue and chocolate are one of the *hot* color combinations this season

DubiQuilts - Debbi said...

I agree with everyone! Wonderful Gorgeous and Love It.

sMC said...

I agree too, but I just love that binding.

Kathy Wagner said...

Great quilt! I like this pattern, and your fabric selections are wonderful...and the binding choice is perfect!

The Army of Four said...

STUNNING! I want to help my mom choose fabs in those colors for a future quilt!!! The interlocking "zippers" are so cool! Congratulations!
Luv,
Dave, Guide Dog for the Color Blind (no, really. I am!)

Jenni @ Fairybread said...

Very nice, and *finished*, what a bonus!

Melzie said...

BEAUTIFUL Amy :)
xoxo melzie